sloting each pick: Ireland vs Jerry

Wood

Reaction score
How I see it:

1st pick: Spencer (Jerry Jones with Wade Philips input)
2nd pick: Marten (this was all Ireland)
3rd pick: Stanback (this has Jerry Jones all over it).

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
so basically if you don't understand the pick its all jerry's fault, if he pans out then clearly someone else musta talked him into it. Maybe big bill made this pick from his bunker in florida.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
I can see how you would say that but isn't it at least possible that there was concensus here? I mean, the guy is an outstanding athlete that will give us a LOT of flexibility. He will likely be the emergency QB, will line up in 3/4 WR sets here and there, probably return kickoffs. I can totally see Dallas bringing him in at QB just to mix it up.

Admittedly, I'm trying to like - and understand - the pick, but I have to trust that what I've red about Stanback's athleticism is going to make the pick worthwhile. I hated seeing the tape on Tanard Jackson just a few picks after we took Stanback. He's a player.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
hilarious assign who you think made a piack based on your feelings on the pick and how you feel about Jones

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
I think JJ had to sign off on Standback due to the foot thing. It is a gamble and the kid is an athelete if the foot heals. Interesting pick IMO.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1477825 said:
hilarious assign who you think made a piack based on your feelings on the pick and how you feel about Jones

Makes more sense then most of the comments and reason people have wriiten here:lmao:

mmillman

Reaction score
Wood;1477757 said:
How I see it:

1st pick: Spencer (Jerry Jones with Wade Philips input)
2nd pick: Marten (this was all Ireland)
3rd pick: Stanback (this has Jerry Jones all over it).

You could be right as Jerry seems to have developed an affinity for the more athletic type qb's. Carter, Romo, Stanback. Strange since a lot of his success was on the back of Aikman who wasn't very mobile.