Small town guy here....

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
Well let me start off by saying that I really enjoy this board, I may not post alot but I read the new threads every hour..I live in a small town in west Tx, called Andrews, while I wouldnt trade that for anything , not a whole lot happens there..Last night I went to Arlington to see some friends and we had planned on going to Lewisville to see a Tx country artist by the name of Stoney Larue.( who by the way is awesome!!!) Well we go to this place named Hat Tricks. I was there like ten mins and quickly realized that I was in Joe Avezanno's ( sp ) sons bar and the party was for him.. Coach Joe .Well Mike Zimmer and Moose Johnston showed up, I actually sit beside both of them. I'm sure everyone will think that Im some kind of idiot or something but I read on here where someone will see one of the players or something like that and I just wanted to share my experience with everyone here.. Coach Joes wife is something else..lol...Very nice people every one of them. My friends say that they see them and other people alot and couldnt believe how freaked out I was..lol..

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
Lol..Nah but he went unnoticed for awhile. What was real neat about the whole deal was that nobody really bothered them..

Reaction score
dillinger319 said:
Well let me start off by saying that I really enjoy this board, I may not post alot but I read the new threads every hour..I live in a small town in west Tx, called Andrews, while I wouldnt trade that for anything , not a whole lot happens there..Last night I went to Arlington to see some friends and we had planned on going to Lewisville to see a Tx country artist by the name of Stoney Larue.( who by the way is awesome!!!) Well we go to this place named Hat Tricks. I was there like ten mins and quickly realized that I was in Joe Avezanno's ( sp ) sons bar and the party was for him.. Coach Joe .Well Mike Zimmer and Moose Johnston showed up, I actually sit beside both of them. I'm sure everyone will think that Im some kind of idiot or something but I read on here where someone will see one of the players or something like that and I just wanted to share my experience with everyone here.. Coach Joes wife is something else..lol...Very nice people every one of them. My friends say that they see them and other people alot and couldnt believe how freaked out I was..lol..

awesome golfcourse in andrews tx. u lucky dogg!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
It's a good thing my wife wasn't there or I'd have been bailing her out of jail after attacking Moose :D

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
Yes we do have a very nice golf course ...For awhile it kinda was let go but we have an excellent green keeper who really takes pride in his work...

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
You know Moose didnt look like a moose lol...Im 5'10'' 175 and he didnt look much bigger than me, of course that could be the endless amount of yeager and Bud light lol....

Tobal

Reaction score
Well he probably lost 2 or three inches from meeting MLB's for Esmith, that added to the fact that once he quit playing he dropped 45 pounds makes him look considerably smaller than when he played.

Alcohol makes you feel bigger that you are soooo

Duane

Reaction score
Very cool story. Did you recognize Zim, Moose and Coch Joe quickly or did you have to look at them for a while to figure it out?

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
Duane said:
Very cool story. Did you recognize Zim, Moose and Coch Joe quickly or did you have to look at them for a while to figure it out?

Well it was hilarious, I was playing fooseball and I look over this girls shoulder and there sat Zim. I wasnt sure at first but when I said something to my buddy Zim kinda shrugged his head like yeh its me.Moose had a big entrance so that one was easy. Joe he was all over the place even cried for a bit when they were toasting him. At first I thought that his son Tony was Tony Romo lol... They kinda look alike, He kept on striking out with the ladies so thats why I thought that lol.... I was freaking out and couldnt really believe the situation that i was in. Then I quickly preceded to get trashed that way I would shut up about it..lol...Very nice people though I was really surprised..
On a side note Zim looked like hes wore out..I think he may be feeling stressed not sure though.