Smoke Sceen

gosuns

Reaction score
There are many media types here at the 2006 NFL draft site and Radio City Music Hall in New York speculating that Dallas might be working the smoke sceen to perfection...

Several people I have talked to think that the Cowboys are leaking info about their stong intrest in several outside linebackers intentionally with the intentions of it possibly allowing Winston Justice to slip to them at #18 or put themselves into a position where they can trade up a couple spots and grab him.

Personally I find this kind of a reach because I really don't think Parcells is a big fan of drafting oline in the 1st round. But it was confirmed after the 2004 draft that we wanted tackle Shawn Andrews out of Arkansas but after the Eagles nabbed him a couple of picks before us that's when we decieded to take the deal to trade out of the 1st round.

We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Maybe he'll do the same this year. If the guy he wants is already off the board, trade out of the first and pick up an extra pick(s) this year and a first next year.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Guess we did not learn our lesson's about those USC OL man

Maybe it's a system thing CC. Maybe those USC OLs can only perform well within USC's system, just like any RB can perform well in Denver's system.

silver

Reaction score
Jacob Rogers is the exception at USC. Anthony Munoz, Bruce Mathews, Tony Bosselli are the rule.

4. USC
Someone had to pave the way for all of the great USC running backs over the years. Generally Trojan linemen turned out to be better pros than college players, but there were still some legends in the college game.

USC's five greatest offensive linemen
1) Brad Budde - Everyone assumes Anthony Munoz is the greatest USC offensive lineman of all-time, and he might have been, but knee injuries kept him down in his All-America career. Budde was USC's first Lombardi Award winner and an All-American in 1979 .He was a four-year starter and a dominator for several fantastic Trojan teams.
2) Anthony Munoz - O.K., so there probably isn't another player you'd want to run a key play behind, but those knee injuries kept his college career from being everything it should've been.
3) Marvin Powell - Powell was an All-American in 1975 and 1976 and was on the 1974 national championship line. He was a three-time All-Pac 10 performer.
4) Tony Boselli - The standard for offensive linemen in the 1990s, Boselli was a two-time All-American and a three-time first-team All-Pac 10 performer.
5) Bruce Matthews - The two-time All-Pac 10 honoree also earned All-America honors in 1982 as the dominant guard on the early 1980s Trojan teams.
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Features/HistoricalDebate_OL_Fiu.htm

cboyd

Reaction score
If you have actually seen the guy play then you will see why people like this guy so much, his best attribute is not letting people go buy him that often, he stops people in their tracks. He is not the greatest when it comes to pushing the defensive guys backwards, but once he gets momentum on a guy then he will push the defensive line backwards. If it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg to move up and get him I will be game, but I would rather us just stay at 18 and try to get him there, and if not get the best linebacker on the board.