Twitter: Snap counts vs panthers

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great to be 7-3 going into the Turkey Day Game. Here are the snap counts from panthers game.
What I noticed:
  • Cowboys had 72 snaps to panthers 61.
  • Great to see Cowboys have less penalties- only 5.
  • Marquese Bell with 50 snaps; 85% of the defensive snaps is good to see.
  • Terance Steele played all 72 snaps and looked really good at times.
What else did you notice?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Great to be 7-3 going into the Turkey Day Game. Here are the snap counts from panthers game.
What I noticed:

I agree Steele looked really good at times but man when he and Martin looked bad it was bad, at times it looked like Martin didnt know who to help Biadasz or steele and really ended up blocking no one..

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

What I noticed:

Wow. Old man Gilmore has the most defensive snaps.

Also saw that clip where Coach Mac had him give the post-game booyah, and he talked about the upcoming stretch.

He’s quiet, but I’m guessing he’s quickly becoming a leader with this team this year.

Gambit

Reaction score
I get that Bell is playing lights out and Clark is coming on, but I have to admit Evans only getting 7 snaps was a surprise.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

What I noticed:

I know we've played lesser teams, but Steele seems to have stepped it up since the Eagles game. He's been praised as a hard worker, so you know he couldn't have taken his performance well. Maybe he kicked it up a notch on trying to regain his form.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Gallup is playing far too few snaps for the money he is making.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Tolbert over Gallup. And both of them are a waste but at least Gallup can give you a big play here and there.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Tolbert over Gallup. And both of them are a waste but at least Gallup can give you a big play here and there.
Writing is on the wall, he's probably gone after this season. I hope he lights it up the rest of the way tho, so we can at least trade him for a 3rd or 4th.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I know we've played lesser teams, but Steele seems to have stepped it up since the Eagles game. He's been praised as a hard worker, so you know he couldn't have taken his performance well. Maybe he kicked it up a notch on trying to regain his form.
Did you see the run where Steele took out two defenders? I think it was Turpin's run, not sure, but it was an awesome block.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Armstrong had the most snaps for a defensive lineman.

Mazi Smith snaps are increasing. Within a few weeks, it would not surprise me to see Mazi Smith getting more snaps than Hankins.

DE Wheat got a lot of special teams snaps.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really surprised at Evans lack of snaps.
It may be the coaches don’t feel he has a full grasp of scheme responsibilities yet.
Gallup is playing far too few snaps for the money he is making.
Don’t disagree with you. But shouldn’t snap counts be based on who gives us the best chance to win? Not who is the highest paid. I mean hopefully your highest paid players are the best performers. But if they aren’t we shouldn’t be playing them as much IMO.