Snip: Players comment on T.O.'s note...w/ESPN video

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
<snipped from larger article about the note>

While Owens wasn't in the locker room, he was at practice, an unusual Wednesday workout with players in shorts without pads or helmets.

During the open locker room period, several of Owens' teammates stopped and read the note, then walked away smiling.

"It was funny reading it," Chris Canty said. "That's T.O. being T.O. You've got to love that guy."

Plus, they saw bigger messages in Owens' short statement.

"He's going to show it on the field. ... The talk is over. Now it's all about getting prepared and trying to get a win," DeMarcus Ware said.

"Anytime it's a big game, you guys (reporters) get on that guy pretty good and look for a sound byte," Marcus Spears said. "He's taking a different road. he's letting 5-0 speak for him right now."

When reporters crowded around quarterback Tony Romo, whose locker is in a different area of the room, they asked him about Owens' sign.

"I think it's interesting," Romo initially responded. "What is it?"

After being told, Romo quipped, "I may do that, too."

LINK

ESPN Video Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?&brand=null&videoId=3057635&n8pe6c=2

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I think this is a pretty loose locker room right now and I think that is a good thing going into this type of game, considering the Monday night experience.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1699752 said:
When reporters crowded around quarterback Tony Romo, whose locker is in a different area of the room, they asked him about Owens' sign.

"I think it's interesting," Romo initially responded. "What is it?"

After being told, Romo quipped, "I may do that, too."

LINK

Romo's 3rd calling - Pyschology. The guy is smart ;)

1st being Football
2nd being Golf

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this but they just showed TO mic'd up and he was on the sidelines telling Tony, "Give me that little dimple, and I'm ready to go."

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance...............what'd the note say?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Anyone else get "Funky Cold Medina" stuck in their head whenever they hear Spears talk?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
If I could just transplant hands that can catch a football onto his body and shut him up. He'd be the perfect WR.

links18

Reaction score
Nors;1699859 said:
If I could just transplant hands that can catch a football onto his body and shut him up. He'd be the perfect WR.

Crayton's hands on TO's body would be great.

tecolote

Reaction score
tomson75;1699832 said:
Anyone else get "Funky Cold Medina" stuck in their head whenever they hear Spears talk?

:laugh2: :laugh2:

I thought there was something familiar about it.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Hopefully, T.O. talks to his hands and makes sure that he uses them instead of his chest.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
theogt;1699811 said:
I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this but they just showed TO mic'd up and he was on the sidelines telling Tony, "Give me that little dimple, and I'm ready to go."

Yeah, I caught that. TO is a funny dude. Oh yeah, and he's always open (sarcasm):) Did you see he montage at the end of NFL Total access Tues night. TO has always been the same guy from his early days back in San Fran. As the cliche goes "it's the media".

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Jimz31;1699990 said:
Hopefully, T.O. talks to his hands and makes sure that he uses them instead of his chest.

Also add that Tony throws him the ball when he's wide open.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
theogt;1699811 said:

It sounded like they were talking about makng an adjustment at the line of scrimmage -- if they saw a certain look from the defense, all Tony had to do was give Owens the signal, and he'd run a certain pattern.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hey, I really like Romo, He and T.O are my favorite players on the team and in the league.

But, I hear but coming :) but, Romo needs to stop underthrowing and overthrowing T.O. . There is nothing wrong with T.O.'s hands, Crayton and Glenn may catch the ball better than T.O., but T.O. still has good hands.

I have taped all the games and I have rewatched all the games a few days later after the game, and I have consistently seen Romo overthrowing and underthrowing T.O., now if he had thrown that 2-pt conversion pass up high instead of at the DB's back, we would have scored the 2 points. Romo has to throw the ball up high make it a jump ball.

But I know those two will work that out in practice and from now on, starting Sunday they will be on target.

We will beat the Patriots Sunday, in a convincing way.