So after all the nonsense, we can do all this sunday.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
A. Make the playoffs.
B. KNock out Philly in their building.
C. Put a nail in the mcnabb-reid-dawkins era that has tormented our franchise.

D. Get a ton of confidence having beaten a divisional opponent in the playoffs.

E. Shove it in Joe banner's face, he said the week we traded for roy williams that we overpaid and wasted draft picks and that philly is trying to win a superbowl and not a playoff game.....How great it would be...

and finally, I cant remember the exact quote, but on draft day in 2007 Hugh Douglas was really ticked off that philly traded out of the first round with us and allowed us to draft Anthony Spencer. I remember vaguely what he said, but it was something to the effect of "you just let Dallas draft a great pass rusher, someday he will be sacking mcnabb in a big game and how will you feel then".........something to that effect...Well now that can come true.

Gregg Ellis and flozell adams have been tortured by the eagles and reid most of their careers. These two guys I hope say stuff to the team, this is about more than a playoff win and berth. This is about delivering the KO to the philladelphia eagles.

And how great would it be if we knock them out and send that franchise spiraling out of control. Dawkins-reid-mcnabb all look to be about done and I would love it if it was our team that throws the final punch.

silver

Reaction score
You tell them, Kwi-Chang. No more big government! Rip his heart out!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
theebs;2517868 said:
A. Make the playoffs.

E. Shove it in Joe banner's face, he said the week we traded for roy williams that we overpaid and wasted draft picks and that philly is trying to win a superbowl and not a playoff game.....How great it would be...

and finally, I cant remember the exact quote, but on draft day in 2007 Hugh Douglas was really ticked off that philly traded out of the first round with us and allowed us to draft Anthony Spencer. I remember vaguely what he said, but it was something to the effect of "you just let Dallas draft a great pass rusher, someday he will be sacking mcnabb in a big game and how will you feel then".........something to that effect...Well now that can come true.

Gregg Ellis and flozell adams have been tortured by the eagles and reid most of their careers. These two guys I hope say stuff to the team, this is about more than a playoff win and berth. This is about delivering the KO to the philladelphia eagles.

And how great would it be if we knock them out and send that franchise spiraling out of control. Dawkins-reid-mcnabb all look to be about done and I would love it if it was our team that throws the final punch.

It would be nice...but don't hold your breathe or anything.:D

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
This would be a grand moment. I can't wait for next week. I still feel more ill will toward the Eagles franchise more than any other team in the league.

I despise the Eagles.........

2180542450_497cd3e594_o.jpg

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This Sunday we get ourselves into the playoffs and the wonderful bonus on top of that will be putting the Eagles out and destroying their playoff hopes and probably putting the end to the McNabb era in Philly.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2518036 said:
This would be a grand moment. I can't wait for next week. I still feel more ill will toward the Eagles franchise more than any other team in the league.

I despise the Eagles.........

I don't know. After witnessing Ray Lewis mock both the Cowboys and the fans at Texas Stadium, he's dropped to the very bottom of my list.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theebs;2517868 said:
A. Make the playoffs.

A- would be good enough for me for now.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's going to happen, too. I really feel that way, and even said so on Saturday. I had a bad, bad feeling about the Ravens, but a good feeling about the Eagles. I don't think McNabb scares us, we've won in Philly the last few years, and that crowd will be looking for any opportunity to turn on McFlabb at the first sign of cracking.

And I absolutely love the part about what Hugh Douglas said about Spencer -- I'd forgotten about that. Nothing would be better than for one of my favorite players to fulfill that prophecy this weekend.

notherbob

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2518063 said:
I don't know. After witnessing Ray Lewis mock both the Cowboys and the fans at Texas Stadium, he's dropped to the very bottom of my list.

And the Cowboys late game collapse didn't do anything to endear this bunch to me or give me much confidence in their ability or willingness to win in December. I'll believe it when I see it.

notherbob

Reaction score
theebs;2517868 said:
A. Make the playoffs.

Let's see, late December game against a division rival with possible playoff implications for both teams. Yeah they could win but their history is not on their side. I'll believe it when I see it.

I never know which Cowboys team will show up for a game.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2518063 said:

That stuff doesnt bother me. Everybody knows he's a trash talking jerk. The way to take care of it is to beat the team he is playing for, then he has nothing to run his mouth about.

Unfortunately our team folded like a house of cards.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I like the way you think theebs. I'm one of the few (it seems) that think the Boys will win. The glass is half full in my eyes.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theebs;2517868 said:
A. Make the playoffs.

Yeah and I can go to a stop-n-go, buy myself a lotto ticket and become a millionaire by tonight.

I like my chances better then the cowboys' chances.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rack;2518374 said:
Yeah and I can go to a stop-n-go, buy myself a lotto ticket and become a millionaire by tonight.

I like my chances better then the cowboys' chances.

Why? This is what this team has done to us for 5 years now. They are completely schizo and end up winning games like this one. I dont think they are intimidated at all by the eagles anymore. We matchup really well with them, especially now that we have scandrick, newman, jenkins and henry.

in 2005 we lost that game at home to the Commanders, everyone expected this group to collapse, the following week we win in dramatic fashion in san francisco.

That same year in december we go to washington and get killed, everyone expected us to lay down, we go to carolina and beat them.

in 2006 after an excruciating loss to the saints at home we go on the road and whip atlanta.

This team can win this game. I think by the time we get to wednesday these guys will feel differently. Lots of teams lost sunday, just like us and the difference is these guys still can put themselves in the playoffs.

I really feel confident about this matchup. If we can make mcnabb struggle early on, that place may just turn on him and that might be all it takes to make him lose his focus.

IMO, this is no time to jump ship on this team. After everything we have been through as fans for the last 8 years, to still have a chance to win and get in and then have a good matchup in the first round is not that bad.

Now if you want to compare it to a 13-3 season and what the expectations were when we started out 3-0 I understand that completely.

But again, I dont think this is anytime to jump ship. And I get how deflated people are from the loss, if you think it was rough watching it from your living room, you should have tried it from the stands, but stay on board.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
theebs;2518404 said:
IMO, this is no time to jump ship on this team. After everything we have been through as fans for the last 8 years, to still have a chance to win and get in and then have a good matchup in the first round is not that bad.

Exactly. We still have something to hope for. If we don’t make it, then we have all offseason to ***** and moan. But we have a reason to keep the hope we had when training camp started. No doubt the coaching is terrible...but there is enough talent on this team to beat ANYONE. And this season has been crazy in the NFL, anything can happen. I am thrilled we still have a shot at the playoffs.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Yup, I'd say 75% of the Boys fans have already chalked up the loss. Not me, the Boys will win this one and prove the doubters wrong.

brickman

Reaction score
I think they will win and keep this soap opera of a season going for at least another week.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yep, we can win and go in to the tourney.

Then, we can have some super awesome tee-shirts made up saying "6th seed in the NFC!!", just like the Commanders last year.

That still is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :lmao: