So....ARE we bigger than the Yankees?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2265046 said:
I rarely leave the tri state area, so Im not sure......

I would not doubt it being football popularity is greater than Baseball and the Cowboys are the most recognized team

Frozen700

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2265046 said:
I rarely leave the tri state area, so Im not sure......

if Not id say we are damn close...i heard what the announcer said...and i somewhat agree.....

you always see people wearing a cowboys jersey...yankee's? not as much as the Boys

joseephuss

Reaction score
There may be several NFL teams that are bigger than the Yankees. The NFL is just head and shoulders above MLB. Regular season NFL games bring in higher ratings than the World Series even if the Yankees are in them. Every year the NFL does not play one of its primetime games(it is usually the sunday night game) that goes up against the World Series because the networks know that it more people would tune in to watch football.

So, yes the Dallas Cowboys are bigger than the Yankees right now.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Well I can't speak for everyone but I do know in San Antonio there are very few Yankee fans (not counting our huge military population who most likely have a lot of Yankee fans).

How many Cowboys fans are in NYC?

sago1

Reaction score
As a Cowboy fan, I'm probably biased and besides I'm not a baseball fan. Watching baseball sitting at home in front of a television is boring.

Anyway, agree that our star is bigger then the Yankees pinstripes but that's because football is bigger then baseball--at least in much of America. Heck, they gotta advertise baseball and other sports during football games to push up the ratings for baseball games. Reality is that most games the Cowboys play in prime time (including 2nd half of Fox doubleheader) draw huge ratings; if a writer wants draw lot of attention to his article, he somehow includes mention of the Cowboys; same goes for sports commentators like Skip Bayliss, etc.

BTW: I'm not a Kornheiser fan, but I believe he said Cowboys were bigger then the Yankess. He also said when talking about the Eagles WR position that the #1 Eagle WR was playing for the Cowboys. Thought that was amusing.

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
NO plain and simple - Tony Clownhesier forget to mention that the Yankees sell on an Int'l level far more than Dallas.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2265097 said:
NO plain and simple - Tony Clownhesier forget to mention that the Yankees sell on an Int'l level far more than Dallas.
I'm not so sure about that.

joseephuss

Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2265097 said:

A lot of it is based on money. Forbes has the Yankee's valued at $1.3 billion while Dallas is at $1.6 billion.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2265097 said:

Didn't Cornheiser reference that his assessment was USA based?

ddh33

Reaction score
The fact that it was Tony who said it really surprised me. If he thinks so, after being a NYC guy, living in the NE part of the country, and traveling all over the US, he's probably right...

rexrobinson

Reaction score
If you count North East and North Central Mexico, then you can say the Cowboys have a huge international following too.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Not in championships of course. But in terms of ratings, merchandise, and the number of fans not only in this country but world wide yes we are no doubt.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Bigger than the yankees, dude the Cowboys are bigger than the MLB, haven't you heard, baseballs dead

Aikbach

Reaction score
Well the Yankees undoubtedly lead the planet in all time baseball cap sales but they don't inspire the kind of passion nationally that Dallas does.

And Dallas does generate more international sales revenue than the Yankees as a total, excluding baseball caps obviously.

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;2265396 said:
Well the Yankees undoubtedly lead the planet in all time baseball cap sales but they don't inspire the kind of passion nationally that Dallas does.

And Dallas does generate more international sales revenue than the Yankees as a total, excluding baseball caps obviously.

Oh really? the Yankees play in front of 97% Capacity and their fans don't sellout to visitors ala Dallas...

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
rexrobinson;2265076 said:
Well I can't speak for everyone but I do know in San Antonio there are very few Yankee fans (not counting our huge military population who most likely have a lot of Yankee fans).

How many Cowboys fans are in NYC?

Right here! Well, not quite NYC, but just outside it. I'm also a Yankee fan, somewhat coincidentally.