So Far, yet So Close: Wade has to stay HC.

mmohican29

Reaction score
For everyone that believes that it's Wade's fault for the penalties and miscues, and that he can't coach up people, doesn't hold people accountable, etc.

I think it's BS. While I am maddened by the team's flaws this is NO DIFFERENT than what we saw in the Tuna's tenure here. In fact, this team is more talented than that one true- but is less veteran than that club.

The season is 5 games old and we are 3-2 no matter how you shape it. We've yet to play our best football, but how can sacking the coach that is on the verge of breakthrough with this defense... it really played a good ballgame and although it did fold down the stretch YET AGAIN... it held up when the Chiefs had less than 15 yards to go for an attempt to win the ballgame in OT.

Let's go through a "problem area" checklist vs '08:

Run Defense: Check. The Cowboys have rebounded nicely from the TB game in this regard and is now not only stout versus the run, but stifling. Anyone seen any Willis McGahee or LeRon McClain type runs vs us yet this year? Me either.

Pass Defense: Check. The Cowboys are playing better in this area with a more youthful group missing it's best safety. Far from perfect, but now DeMarcus is getting to the QB and so is Anthony Spencer so this will improve even more dramatically going forward. I think we will start seeing the Turnover differential start to shrink a little bit at worst.

Special Teams: Other than Folk having a few more yips this year and Crayton muffs, completely and totally revamped and improved. Overall, much better this season.

Penalties:- Our biggest area of concern and completely frustrating. Why? But again: not much difference between this squad and any of Parcell's during his tenure... how much is this is really the Coach's fault?

Please. Blame Wade for having his defense overzealous to get after the football? It's wade's fault for holding on Flozell for the zillionth time? No sir. While you can make the case for the team being undisciplined... how much coaching and discipline does lining up correctly over the line of scrimmage take?

Is it Wade's fault the offense is inconsistent? Is it Wade's fault we miss easy field goals to start games? Is it Wade's fault Tony throws an impromptu INT?

No. It's the players fault. And I think the problems in these areas if not fixed can and will be fixed. Today's defensive stand in OT has to be a confidence builder.

Let's see how it plays out before the Cowboys haphazardly pull the plug on something that might be alot closer to championship level football than you think.

Our 2 losses- both EXTREMELY winnable- to teams that are unbeaten.

3 victories- all harrowing struggles versus teams that were seeking and hungry for their first victory and two of these games were on the road.

We come home in two weeks to play a good Atlanta team that is playing sound, confident football.

The way I see it, at worst we are an average team and at best a capable team right now.

Let's see how the Atlanta game shakes out before we lose hope for the season. I think it will tell us if we can take out the Philly's/New Orleans of the world.

If we lose the Atlanta game... then yes let's resume the Wade/Jason/Tony blah blah must go talk and act on it because it's time for this team to improve, and I think it can, but the smart way for now- is NOT to get rid of the guy who's specific unit is showing the most promise at this point of the season.

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
Two questions -

1.) Do you think the Cowboys have played good football in the last 3 weeks? Football that would lead you to believe they can be a playoff team?

2.) If Miles Austin had not made two heroic plays against the worst team in the NFL and we had lost to the Chiefs, would you be calling for Wade's head in that case? Or would you still think we should wait and see?

landryscorner

Reaction score
Wades in charge of the team practices and like Brooking said. "I think we can get more out of our practices" that says it all. Wade sucks. He's never won in the playoffs. He's horrible at personnel decisions and he is a lousy motivator...get the bum outta here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
landryscorner;3010467 said:
Wades in charge of the team practices and like Brooking said. "I think we can get more out of our practices" that says it all. Wade sucks. He's never won in the playoffs. He's horrible at personnel decisions and he is a lousy motivator...get the bum outta here.

And yet one big reason Brookings wanted to come to Dallas was Wade.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
mmohican29;3010252 said:
For everyone that believes that it's Wade's fault for the penalties and miscues, and that he can't coach up people, doesn't hold people accountable, etc.

I think it's BS. While I am maddened by the team's flaws this is NO DIFFERENT than what we saw in the Tuna's tenure here. In fact, this team is more talented than that one true- but is less veteran than that club.

The season is 5 games old and we are 3-2 no matter how you shape it. We've yet to play our best football, but how can sacking the coach that is on the verge of breakthrough with this defense... it really played a good ballgame and although it did fold down the stretch YET AGAIN... it held up when the Chiefs had less than 15 yards to go for an attempt to win the ballgame in OT.

Run Defense: Check. The Cowboys have rebounded nicely from the TB game in this regard and is now not only stout versus the run, but stifling. Anyone seen any Willis McGahee or LeRon McClain type runs vs us yet this year? Me either.

Pass Defense: Check. The Cowboys are playing better in this area with a more youthful group missing it's best safety. Far from perfect, but now DeMarcus is getting to the QB and so is Anthony Spencer so this will improve even more dramatically going forward. I think we will start seeing the Turnover differential start to shrink a little bit at worst.

Special Teams: Other than Folk having a few more yips this year and Crayton muffs, completely and totally revamped and improved. Overall, much better this season.

Penalties:- Our biggest area of concern and completely frustrating. Why? But again: not much difference between this squad and any of Parcell's during his tenure... how much is this is really the Coach's fault?

Please. Blame Wade for having his defense overzealous to get after the football? It's wade's fault for holding on Flozell for the zillionth time? No sir. While you can make the case for the team being undisciplined... how much coaching and discipline does lining up correctly over the line of scrimmage take?

Is it Wade's fault the offense is inconsistent? Is it Wade's fault we miss easy field goals to start games? Is it Wade's fault Tony throws an impromptu INT?

No. It's the players fault. And I think the problems in these areas if not fixed can and will be fixed. Today's defensive stand in OT has to be a confidence builder.

Let's see how it plays out before the Cowboys haphazardly pull the plug on something that might be alot closer to championship level football than you think.

3 victories- all harrowing struggles versus teams that were seeking and hungry for their first victory and two of these games were on the road.

We come home in two weeks to play a good Atlanta team that is playing sound, confident football.

The way I see it, at worst we are an average team and at best a capable team right now.

Let's see how the Atlanta game shakes out before we lose hope for the season. I think it will tell us if we can take out the Philly's/New Orleans of the world.

If we lose the Atlanta game... then yes let's resume the Wade/Jason/Tony blah blah must go talk and act on it because it's time for this team to improve, and I think it can, but the smart way for now- is NOT to get rid of the guy who's specific unit is showing the most promise at this point of the season.

All of this after a Kansas City Chiefs game? Check:lmao2:

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3010474 said:
And yet one big reason Brookings wanted to come to Dallas was Wade.

there is no "Brookings" on our roster (I just checked)

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
:laugh2:

mmohican29;3010252 said:

I think it's BS.
While I am maddened by the team's flaws this is NO DIFFERENT than what we saw in the Tuna's tenure here. In fact, this team is more talented than that one true- but is less veteran than that club.