So, how much will Henson play today?

fortdick

Reaction score
With Romo starting, and Bledsoe sitting, I was just wondering how much playing time Henson will see. Is the whole second half too much? Will Romo play three qtrs? The kid they signed after Ivy League left isn;t ready, I wouldn;t think.

I would like to see half a game of Romo and half Henson.

Thoughts?

acheman

Reaction score
1.5 Quarters. No, that would be too much to ask. He might get 1 qtr with Baker mopping up the rest of the 4th.
Did you hear Adam Schefter calling him Parcells whipping boy, last night on NFLTA? He said Henson is no longer viewed as a viable starter, just hopefully a career back-up. Ouch, that hurt to hear.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
I say Romo gets the first half, Henson gets the third quarter, Baker gets the fourth, but what do I know.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I just as soon enson not play at all and Romo and Baker split the time. At least we dont know what we have in Baker yet

superpunk

Reaction score
If this preseason game gets to overtime, I'd say Henson will see some extensive time.

fortdick

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I just as soon enson not play at all and Romo and Baker split the time. At least we dont know what we have in Baker yet

C'Mon! Don't hold back. Let us know what you really think of Henson!

:D

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
acheman said:
1.5 Quarters. No, that would be too much to ask. He might get 1 qtr with Baker mopping up the rest of the 4th.
Did you hear Adam Schefter calling him Parcells whipping boy, last night on NFLTA? He said Henson is no longer viewed as a viable starter, just hopefully a career back-up. Ouch, that hurt to hear.

I have heard people say this before.

When it comes straight from the horses mouth, it kind of gives it a whole new meaning.

Has Bill Parcells ever said anything like this before??

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Career 3rd stringer

But....but, Henson played at UM, shared time with Brady, and was sure to be the first pick of the draft ahead Vick. He has pedigree and a strong arm. BP is surely playing headgames with him by starting Romo.......This is Romo's last shot before getting cut and Henson taking over for Bledsoe.........

A career third stringer..........yeah right!!!!!!!

:laugh1:

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
No, and he probably never will.

I think he does convey that he doesn't have much faith in Henson, but it could have to do with the fact that he needs a QB spot open for someone that he believes in; and that's frustrating him to have to hold on to a player he doesn't believe in because of what the owner wants.

As for Romo, I think he's holding on to him because he sees something in him that he likes. I don't know, maybe he thinks Romo would be a better back up QB than Henson. I don't think Parcells is banking on Romo being a pro bowl QB etc ... but he's a guy who is at least worthy of a roster spot.

I think that's the battle going on right now (the back up); and I think Romo has pretty much won that battle.

You have to think that the coach is going to want to free up a spot to develop a QB that he likes; or perhaps even just churn the roster with an old vet; just in case.

I've held off on the issue long enough; but I'm weighing in now and that's what I see.

I personally think Bledsoe is here for another 2-3 years, but in the meantime it would be nice to find a solid QB to procede Bledsoe, who I think doesn't get enough credit from Cowboys fans.

acheman

Reaction score
The funny part with Adam was when he rattled off all the Eastern Ill. alumni who are NFL head coaches now, and left off Sean Payton. He named Scott Linehan, Brad Childress, Mike Shanahan, and somebody else (whose name escapes me), but not the most famous reindeer of all. He gave all this info when discussing Romo, so I found it funny that the guy whose records Romo broke, and his former OC, was not even touted as a head coach from his school. Two other guys are also first year HC's so it wasn't just that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo = 2 1/2 quarters
Henson = 1 1/2 quarters
Baker probably doesn't see the field.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
acheman said:
The funny part with Adam was when he rattled off all the Eastern Ill. alumni who are NFL head coaches now, and left off Sean Payton. He named Scott Linehan, Brad Childress, Mike Shanahan, and somebody else (whose name escapes me), but not the most famous reindeer of all. He gave all this info when discussing Romo, so I found it funny that the guy whose records Romo broke, and his former OC, was not even touted as a head coach from his school. Two other guys are also first year HC's so it wasn't just that.

That is bizarre! I caught the end of the segment and just assumed he had already mentioned Payton as a foregone conclusion, and was merely listing off the other guys to drive home the EIU-Romo-NFL head coach connection.

:confused: