So, Jerry says the Boys might be looking for TEs and NTs...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
It's a preliminary list, but here are some candidates on the waiver wire at each position...

Nose Tackle:

Damian Gregory, Lions... 6'3, 320 pounds... 29 years old...

Lynn McGruder, Lions... 6-1, 306 pounds... 24 years old... a rookie...

Babatunde Ohsinowo, Browns... 6-1, 306 pounds... 23 years old... a rookie...

Tight End:

Billy Miller, Saints... 6-3, 250 pounds... 29 years old... had 91 catches in 02 and 03 as a part-time starter for the Texans... perhaps the best receiving TE to come available so far...

Darnell Sanders, Bengals... 6-5, 275 pounds... 27 years old...

Chris Luzar, Pats... 6-7, 260 pounds... 27 years old...

Zach Hilton, Saints... 6-8, 270 pounds... 26 years old...

Alex Holmes, Rams... 6-2, 275 pounds... 25 years old... a fair to middling blocking TE...

Charles Davis, Steelers... 6-6, 260 pounds... 23 years old... a rookie, the Boys showed some predraft interest in him...

I don't know why the Boys are interested in another TE, but there are some nice options out there on the waiver list already... at NT, looks like the best available so far haven't had much NFL experience...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't get the TE fascination myself, but getting on the horn to Ohsinowo would be a-okay in my book.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Found this on another forum, take it for what it is worth...
Originally posted by Beers2you_:

Packers | Team could try to trade a DT
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:08:26 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports because of the glut of defensive tackles, Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson might be willing to part with one in a trade if he can get the right compensation.

With Parcells alluding to soft spots on the roster and speaking of the concern at backup NT, and with the Packers having a weak OL, I would imagine that there is a fit here for a trade of one of Dallas OT for a NT with late round picks to balance out any perceived inequities.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
since when did Jerry know what we need? i would rather hear that from BP.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Found this in another forum, take it for what it is worth...

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports because of the glut of defensive tackles, Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson might be willing to part with one in a trade if he can get the right compensation.

With Parcells alluding to soft spots on the roster and speaking of the concern at backup NT, and with the Packers having a weak OL, I would imagine that there is a fit here for a trade of one of Dallas OT for a NT with late round picks to balance out any perceived inequities.

I don't see who on the Oline we would trade now that Pettiti has been cut

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Found this on another forum, take it for what it is worth...

Hey, I wouldn't mind Colin Cole-- if the price was right...

The Packers' other DTs don't look like they'd be able to make the move to NT as well... but 6-2, 325 pounds just screams NT...

ghst187

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
rookie DT Steve Fifita was also released

Fifita and Stanley were the two guys I identified as guys we should target in the draft, now they're both cut. Fifita seems more like the 3-4 NT that I envision. Seems like BP doeesn't really like short, fat guys that much or overweight guys. Seems to like guys under 315 but IMO a 3-4 NT is more like Grady Jackson and Seragusa. Its just almost impossible to push guys that big backwards.