So Many Knee Jerkers! Please Think First

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
I have a few things to get off my chest.

First being..the lets 86 TO/Romo threads. Yeah Neither guy is perfect but they are the best WR Duo over the past 2.5 years with this year being and off year. One things is for certain. This offense does not click without TO or Romo. We saw it with TO at the end of last year, and Romo for three games this year. As good as Witten is he was on the field with both without the other and it did not yield results. We need both Romo and Owens.

Second. I dont think there is a personal problem between the two. I think BSPN (Ed Werder) is at it again because he couldnt get a story from TO. He didnt even take the time to report that Garrett Called the meeting. I listened to every outlet possible today and this story is greatly overlblown, so why is everyone calling for the heads of our two best offensive players.

Third, is more of a question than a statement. Have any of us stopped to think that a meeting may have been needed. Everyone wants to say this is not the time for disruption, but ball distribution has been mediocre at best. Players noticed it and kept quiet BUT Sunday night is DO OR DIE. So maybe its time to speak on the oppurtunity area before we or pronounced done with two games left. What if it went unspoken and we lose Sunday, would you wish something was said then.

Fourth..This team will give the giants a sound whippin' sunday night. TO will be ready, Romo will be ready, and so will Witten.

Boysboy

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2484788 said:
I have a few things to get off my chest.

First being..the lets 86 TO/Romo threads. Yeah Neither guy is perfect but they are the best WR Duo over the past 2.5 years with this year being and off year. One things is for certain. This offense does not click without TO or Romo. We saw it with TO at the end of last year, and Romo for three games this year. As good as Witten is he was on the field with both without the other and it did not yield results. We need both Romo and Owens.

Second. I dont think there is a personal problem between the two. I think BSPN (Ed Werder) is at it again because he couldnt get a story from TO. He didnt even take the time to report that Garrett Called the meeting. I listened to every outlet possible today and this story is greatly overlblown, so why is everyone calling for the heads of our two best offensive players.

Third, is more of a question than a statement. Have any of us stopped to think that a meeting may have been needed. Everyone wants to say this is not the time for disruption, but ball distribution has been mediocre at best. Players noticed it and kept quiet BUT Sunday night is DO OR DIE. So maybe its time to speak on the oppurtunity area before we or pronounced done with two games left. What if it went unspoken and we lose Sunday, would you wish something was said then.

Fourth..This team will give the giants a sound whippin' sunday night. TO will be ready, Romo will be ready, and so will Witten.

"Consider yourselves sucked!":lmao2:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
My frustration goes back to knowing that this team CAN play better...and HAS played better. That's up and down the roster, but starting with the offense. Romo has been making some poor passes IMO. I dunno if its his pinky or his TomBrady-style that has his passes going high, or short or out of reach. Sure it's not all of them, but there have been more than a few that, if on target, could have gone for huge gains and/or touchdowns. The frustration is Romo passing over/ignoring wide-open receivers in favor of a pass that just wasn't there.

As for Owens, I have no frustrations at all. IMO, the guy has been doing what's expected of him. He's made catches and tried to do as much as possible after the catch. He's making blocks on passing and rushing plays. He won't catch everything (he's no martellus bennett hehe) but who can deny that getting him the ball should be priority#1?

Imagine if Montana had passed over Rice, or Aikman Irvin, or ...you get the point. Playmakers get the play and Owens is a playmaker. What I saw on that Polomalu play was not Owens giving up on the play, but Owens, before the snap, pointing out that Polomalu was in the area. Romo didn't see it and threw a pass to an area he shouldn't have (if he'd listened to owens).

I'm glad these guys went to the coaches. Garrett has an open-door policy and guys should take advantage. Again, i think their frustration had more to do with seeing plays where one of more receiver(s) was/were open but didn't get the ball. I'd be frustrated as heck if I saw this too....repeatedly. It's not about jealousy, it's not about anger toward Romo. It's about wanting to do everything right, as a team, to win the game.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Just to clarify more...that unlucky bounce that hit Tra Battle...otherwise, we would have gotten GREAT field position, and likely would have put the game away there.

Pt being that if we didn't [insert Denny Green rant], 100s of these anti-TO threads this week wouldn't have even existed.

Funny how when you win, everyone acts like your team is invincible.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2484828 said:
My frustration goes back to knowing that this team CAN play better...and HAS played better. That's up and down the roster, but starting with the offense. Romo has been making some poor passes IMO. I dunno if its his pinky or his TomBrady-style that has his passes going high, or short or out of reach. Sure it's not all of them, but there have been more than a few that, if on target, could have gone for huge gains and/or touchdowns. The frustration is Romo passing over/ignoring wide-open receivers in favor of a pass that just wasn't there.

As for Owens, I have no frustrations at all. IMO, the guy has been doing what's expected of him. He's made catches and tried to do as much as possible after the catch. He's making blocks on passing and rushing plays. He won't catch everything (he's no martellus bennett hehe) but who can deny that getting him the ball should be priority#1?

Imagine if Montana had passed over Rice, or Aikman Irvin, or ...you get the point. Playmakers get the play and Owens is a playmaker. What I saw on that Polomalu play was not Owens giving up on the play, but Owens, before the snap, pointing out that Polomalu was in the area. Romo didn't see it and threw a pass to an area he shouldn't have (if he'd listened to owens).

I'm glad these guys went to the coaches. Garrett has an open-door policy and guys should take advantage. Again, i think their frustration had more to do with seeing plays where one of more receiver(s) was/were open but didn't get the ball. I'd be frustrated as heck if I saw this too....repeatedly. It's not about jealousy, it's not about anger toward Romo. It's about wanting to do everything right, as a team, to win the game.

I saw owens point to Polomalu as well. Which also gives credence to the fact that TO doesnt want the ball thrown to him when he is not open. TO has valid points he just isnt very good at expressing himself. He lets emotions take over and he conveys perceptions that arent the reality of what he is saying.