So many needs already for next season

chicago JK

Reaction score
I am sure more needs will pop up with injuries and lack of production, but I can't remember having so many needs so early in the season. DT, a second DE, RB and a second WR are all really big needs. Just so many areas needed for improvement on this roster and we are just 4 games into the season.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Biggest needs will be DE and OG because Tank and Zack will be gone.

WR, RB and LB are also glaring holes. S may be as well since Hooker will likely be gone and Wilson may be a cap casualty unless he steps up. Backup QB will be a need unless Lance re-signs.

Wilson

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to say it, but I'll be surprised if we make the playoffs this year. We should return to the playoffs next year, but I'd be surprised if we advance much if any. If we have hit on these recent draft picks and do so again in 2026, we'd surely have a deep playoff run in 2027.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am sure more needs will pop up with injuries and lack of production, but I can't remember having so many needs so early in the season. DT, a second DE, RB and a second WR are all really big needs. Just so many areas needed for improvement on this roster and we are just 4 games into the season.
DTs, and more DTs.
saftey that can run a 4.6 ast least
RB
RT...steele is cooked.
WR, depending on how the rest of the year goes. Cooks is cooked. he looks slow in and out of his breaks any more. Tolbert is a 4th WR at best.
OG, for depth as Zack is done, we should move on. let him go to a team and so he can get his ring. he is not the leader of the OL any more.
QB...been advocating to draft in top 3 rounds every few years....lets draft one if they have potential. let Rush walk. he is 30 and has no future. yes, Dak is here another 3 years, but we should have a smooth transition, not a last minute contract signing (for show).

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
DTs, and more DTs.
saftey that can run a 4.6 ast least
RB
RT...steele is cooked.
WR, depending on how the rest of the year goes. Cooks is cooked. he looks slow in and out of his breaks any more. Tolbert is a 4th WR at best.
OG, for depth as Zack is done, we should move on. let him go to a team and so he can get his ring. he is not the leader of the OL any more.
QB...been advocating to draft in top 3 rounds every few years....lets draft one if they have potential. let Rush walk. he is 30 and has no future. yes, Dak is here another 3 years, but we should have a smooth transition, not a last minute contract signing (for show).
They dont have the kind of long term look to do this at QB, they have proven that time and time again...this FO's strategy at QB is "Hope we get lucky...again"