So tell me... how did we stop Plax?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I need the football guru's on here to sum it it.

How did we contain limit his damage? Was his injury more of the reason why he wasnt effective?

Do tell..... thanks

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
At any given point, we either (1) had Newman on him, (2) had him double covered, or (3) left Shockey wide open.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1760918 said:
I need the football guru's on here to sum it it.

How did we contain limit his damage? Was his injury more of the reason why he wasnt effective?

Do tell..... thanks

Deion Sanders said Newman had text messaged him about advice of going after Plax and Deion texted him back telling Newman to be very physical with Plax who has not been going to practice and trying to take it easy on his ankle. Wether this is true or not this is what Deion was saying lastnight.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
theogt;1760924 said:
At any given point, we either (1) had Newman on him, (2) had him double covered, or (3) left Shockey wide open.

Or 1 and 3

Or 2 and 3

Or 1, 2 and 3

:lmao:

Kilyin

Reaction score
To quote a DMN article...

Give Newman credit for Plaxico Burress being a four-catch, 24-yard non-factor. Newman covered Burress one-on-one a lot. When he didn't, he took Amani Toomer by himself, allowing the Cowboys to double cover Burress.

superpunk

Reaction score
Kilyin;1760944 said:
To quote a DMN article...

It was a brilliant performance by Newman.

Once again, he had a chance to get some recognition in the way of INTs for being one of the league's best corners, and once again he dropped the ball or couldn't locate it. He had an opportunity to kill their chances at the goalline and get some big national recognition, and he missed it again.

It's ok, tho. I'll take what he gave us anyday.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I will take Newman over anybody in the NFL right now. May be a little Homerish but I saw Champ get beat badly against GB for the game winner I think. Nobody is playing any better than Newman right now, Int's or not!

rysko

Reaction score
dre bly was the game winner, but champ got beat earlier in the game for a long one

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Its a lot of factors.

a) The Cowboys play their nickel package a lot now, with 6 defense backs on the field which prohibits down the field passing.

b) The Cowboys pass rush is getting better and prohibiting 5-7 step drops.

c) Shockey was wide open for the majority of the first half.

c) Newman

d) Plaxico's ankle is really bothering him, and he's a shell of the player he was earlier in the year.

aikemirv

Reaction score
rysko;1760981 said:
dre bly was the game winner, but champ got beat earlier in the game for a long one

Ok, thanks I knew he got beat for one and Bly the other but was not sure which.

aikemirv

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1760990 said:
Its a lot of factors.

a) The Cowboys play their nickel package a lot now, with 6 defense backs on the field which prohibits down the field passing.

b) The Cowboys pass rush is getting better and prohibiting 5-7 step drops.

c) Shockey was wide open for the majority of the first half.

c) Newman

d) Plaxico's ankle is really bothering him, and he's a shell of the player he was earlier in the year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...uLYF?slug=ap-giants-burress&prov=ap&type=lgns

read this again and tell me that Buress did not practice last week!!

He made a rare appearance on Wednesday but did not practice on Thursday

Doomsday101

Reaction score

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
aikemirv;1761006 said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...uLYF?slug=ap-giants-burress&prov=ap&type=lgns

read this again and tell me that Buress did not practice last week!!

He made a rare appearance on Wednesday but did not practice on Thursday

Read this again and tell me he practiced all week.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress did not practice Friday and was listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Burress has not taken part in practice for most of the season while he contends with a nagging right ankle injury he sustained in training camp. He made a rare appearance on Wednesday but did not practice on Thursday.

http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_n...ootball&league=nfl&team=giants&newsgroup=null

He also didn't practice on Monday or Tuesday (the Giants had the day off).

So basically he came out Wednesday after a bye week of rest, tested it out, found out it's still really bothering him and put the kibosh on it the rest of the week.

khiladi

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1761013 said:
Read this again and tell me he practiced all week.

http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_n...ootball&league=nfl&team=giants&newsgroup=null

He also didn't practice on Monday or Tuesday (the Giants had the day off).

Plaxico hasn't been practicing all week throughout the SEASON. This is standard for him. He takes the week off, and limits his practice and plays on Sunday. Nobody has any idea of whether his ankle is bothering him more or not and that it has been getting progressively worse.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1761009 said:
Burress did not practice last week. He did go to 1 practice made 1 catch and left the field. I don't know if that would be considered a practice.
Not at any level or organized football.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1761028 said:
Not at any level or organized football.

I said that tongue and cheek. Of course it is not practice. I think he was testing the foot and because it was still sore he went into the locker room after making the catch. Sal Paolantonio who had been covering the Giants practice all week reported that Plax went out and left after the 1 catch

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Good reads, thanks.

aikemirv;1760955 said:
I will take Newman over anybody in the NFL right now. May be a little Homerish but I saw Champ get beat badly against GB for the game winner I think. Nobody is playing any better than Newman right now, Int's or not!

I would not hate it if Newman could catch an INT here and there.... WOW... he aint got that part of the cover game.