So the Giants do their part and lose

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
With all the "stuff" going on with the Cowboys this season... I tend to start looking around for help.

The Giants just did that. By losing their game against the Browns they keep the division relatively close.

4-1
4-2
4-2
3-3

If we go 1-2 = 5-4 we are still in good shape. Giants and Skins cant really be better than 6-3 at the same point.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You actually think we are going to win a game without Romo, really???

I dont see it myself, I am thinking 4-5 when Romo comes back and by then it is too late.

At least we should get a high 1st rounder next year, always a bright spot I guess.

Ren

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2337318 said:
At least we should get a high 1st rounder next year, always a bright spot I guess.

in April it's a bright spot, in October there's nothing bright about it :bang2:

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score

I dont see it myself, I am thinking 4-5 when Romo comes back and by then it is too late.

The Rams are a team we should be able to beat.
The Bucs will be a tougher task.
Giants will be the toughest of the next 3 games.

I think we could win 1 possibly 2 of those games. Giving us ZERO chance to win ANY of those games shows how lacking of a FAN you really are.

links18

Reaction score
Well, Jaworski actually seems to think Brad will help our passing game, because the ball will come out quicker, he will find TO on the slants, yada, yada, yada......

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

We should beat the Rams if we play with enthusiasm.

They still dont have a better team than us and I dont care that they beat Washington. Washington just lost to the worst team in football.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
This has been a crazy week in the NFL, I am glad that the boys weren't the only victims.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well if they tailor the passing game more to what suits Owens, that being the quick slants, quicker crossing patterns, things like that and allow him to use his run after the catch then this could work out good in the long run. Not only would it allow Brad to be successful but maybe it would also show Jason how going to a quicker 3 step, get it out of your hand, drop for Romo would also stop some of the pass rush that he's facing.

I'm all for Jason learning a few things these next few games as he has to tailor the offense to more suit the strengths of Johnson.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2337403 said:
I think we could win 1 possibly 2 of those games. Giving us ZERO chance to win ANY of those games shows how lacking of a FAN you really are.

We should be able to win atleast one.... two is possible. Agreed.

links18;2337407 said:
Well, Jaworski actually seems to think Brad will help our passing game, because the ball will come out quicker, he will find TO on the slants, yada, yada, yada......

Yeah he is a little giddy about Brad at QB. Its not a great thing... hopefully he can do his job.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Romo plays against the Giants either.

Hes out UP to 4 weeks.

Its his frickin pinky too. Thats the one finger on his throwing hand he could be ok playing with it hurt.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2337430 said:
Well if they tailor the passing game more to what suits Owens, that being the quick slants, quicker crossing patterns, things like that and allow him to use his run after the catch then this could work out good in the long run. Not only would it allow Brad to be successful but maybe it would also show Jason how going to a quicker 3 step, get it out of your hand, drop for Romo would also stop some of the pass rush that he's facing.

I'm all for Jason learning a few things these next few games as he has to tailor the offense to more suit the strengths of Johnson.

This is a very good point, and what could truly be the blessing in the Romo injury. Shorter routes will be of the essence for the games Johnson plays due to the lesser arm strength/immobility issue, which will lead to more slants, etc.

Romo can also watch this unfold and want to implement a little more of it into the offense, he seems very open to taking anything on that could help him improve.

juck

Reaction score
Its not the finger guys its the metacarpal,the bone in the hand on the pinky digit,which is better to heal cause i think they can plate it,it afects grip tho,just what he doesnt need.lol.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
jcblanco22;2337456 said:
This is a very good point, and what could truly be the blessing in the Romo injury. Shorter routes will be of the essence for the games Johnson plays due to the lesser arm strength/immobility issue, which will lead to more slants, etc.

Ding!
Ding!
Ding!

THATS what I was waiting for... I knew someone would post that. Good post.

We STILL dont use TO to his strengths. The slant is HIS play. Thats part of his frustration!

Good post!!

alby

Reaction score

If we can't beat the Rams without Romo, maybe we shouldn't even be looking at the race for the division crown... This team needs to look at themselves in the mirror and step up.

:starspin

alby

Reaction score
CATCH17;2337444 said:
I would not be shocked if Romo plays against the Giants either.

Hes out UP to 4 weeks.

Its his frickin pinky too. Thats the one finger on his throwing hand he could be ok playing with it hurt.
I don't want him to rush back. 3 weeks is a hell of a lot more different than 4 weeks (bye). Plus, missing 3 games out of 16 isn't that bad... it could even be a blessing in disguise.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
alby;2337481 said:
I don't want him to rush back. 3 weeks is a hell of a lot more different than 4 weeks (bye). Plus, missing 3 games out of 16 isn't that bad... it could even be a blessing in disguise.

If Romo tells me he can play, the doctors tell me he can play, and he looks good throwing the ball in practice than I would have to play him against the Giants.

We will need that Giants win badly. If not im hoping for 2-1 with Johnson.

alby

Reaction score
CATCH17;2337491 said:
If Romo tells me he can play, the doctors tell me he can play, and he looks good throwing the ball in practice than I would have to play him against the Giants.

We will need that Giants win badly. If not im hoping for 2-1 with Johnson.
With a pinkie finger, it will always be exposed as a quarterback. And with NYG's pass rush, I don't want to risk anything. Let him have the bye week to rest and plus, I want the guy to actually watch a NYG game from the sidelines... it'll be a great learning experience.

After the bye week, Romo will still have NINE more games to wreak havoc on the NFL. That's when we can officially make our push.