So tomorrow is June 1, do we cut anyone?

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Although we have already cut the only fat this team seems to have-Larry Allen, any chance someone like Singleton, Hannam or Coleman or even Peterman. I hope we dont.

Do you all think we may be thinking about signing a WR, Olineman or Dlineman if someone gets cut?

sago1

Reaction score
We didn't just sign Hannan to cut him now. No, Cowboys are counting on Hannan to be the blocking TE who also has decent hands. Also don't see us cutting Singleton, Coleman or Peterman. Of course they must produce in TC as well as longing half way decent in upcoming minicamp.

Don't know how many players we needed to cut to get under league maximum of 83(?). Cutting TE Gill about 1-2 weeks ago along with Thornton (which certainly a surprise) helps meet this goal as does moving Whitely on IR--once we sign him to a contract.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
first off, let me just say that i absolutely hate calling people like Larry Allen, a Hall of Famer for us, a piece of fat.. there just seems to be such a pattern of people on these boards just casting off former players and cuttinng them down once they leave.. sorry, you arent the first person to do this, i just read more and more comments like that and it irks me to no end.. yes, maybe it was time to let go of LA.. but he demands much more respect than just calling him a piece of fat that needed to be cut..

to answer the question, no way do we cut any of those guys mentioned so far.. all of them are either potential starters or high quality backups.. and we have plenty of money, so we dont have to worry about that..

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
June 1st has become almost insignificant. So many players have roster bonuses in their contracts between the start of the league year and June 1st that almost all the talent has already hit the pavement.

Allen and Glover would have been post 6/1 if not for their bonuses.

MONT17

Reaction score
this team will miss ALLEN!!! when ALLEN was here u never would see or hear a DL talk trash or point a finger on the field... because everyone knew to let the sleeping dog lie!!! when we played teams like BUCs w/ Warren Sapp he never said a word or pointed his finger at the QB or skipped through warmups... some of u r going to find out why?

the only player who ever dogged the BOYS played O and I'm sure if he played v. ALLEN he would not have done that!

now LA is gone... watch DL around the league will be talkin trash about what they r going to do v. the boys! It should be fun to watch! My bet is that the Eagles and Skins will be the first to get their post LA rips in for the season!!!

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Coleman wont go anywhere until after TC. He might not make the final roster, but until Davis, Watkins, or possibly Beriault prove beyod a shadow of a doubt that they can be more than adequate at FS, I doubt Coleman goes anywhere.

The good thing about Coleman is that we have a pretty good idea as to what he is going to bring to the table. Davis showed us somewhat last year, but that's his first as a starter. Too many question marks at FS to cut Coleman rightnow.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Do you really think LA was some kind of enforcer? There was a lot of trash talk going on for years that LA was there. Outside of threatening to kill a kicker or two what did LA ever do that even resembled that?

jrumann59

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Coleman wont go anywhere until after TC. He might not make the final roster, but until Davis, Watkins, or possibly Beriault prove beyod a shadow of a doubt that they can be more than adequate at FS, I doubt Coleman goes anywhere.

The good thing about Coleman is that we have a pretty good idea as to what he is going to bring to the table. Davis showed us somewhat last year, but that's his first as a starter. Too many question marks at FS to cut Coleman rightnow.

I think he was talking about Kenyon

jrumann59

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Do you really think LA was some kind of enforcer? There was a lot of trash talk going on for years that LA was there. Outside of threatening to kill a kicker or two what did LA ever do that even resembled that?

Sometimes fear of what one can do is enough to motivate someone. Would you like to try your luck at trying to take a plate of LA's chicken wings.:)

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Rumor: we're going to cut Roy Williams, Drew Bledsoe, Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Flozell Adams, Julius Jones, and Terence Newman to make room for Vinny Testaverde, who we are going to sign to a 20 year, $800 billion contract.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
MONT17 said:
this team will miss ALLEN!!! when ALLEN was here u never would see or hear a DL talk trash or point a finger on the field... because everyone knew to let the sleeping dog lie!!! when we played teams like BUCs w/ Warren Sapp he never said a word or pointed his finger at the QB or skipped through warmups... some of u r going to find out why?

the only player who ever dogged the BOYS played O and I'm sure if he played v. ALLEN he would not have done that!

now LA is gone... watch DL around the league will be talkin trash about what they r going to do v. the boys! It should be fun to watch! My bet is that the Eagles and Skins will be the first to get their post LA rips in for the season!!!

Good point:starspin

Mentos

Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
Rumor: we're going to cut Roy Williams, Drew Bledsoe, Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Flozell Adams, Julius Jones, and Terence Newman to make room for Vinny Testaverde, who we are going to sign to a 20 year, $800 billion contract.

I wouldn't mind getting Testaverde as a backup. He's better than Henson.

SacredStar

Reaction score
I don't think anyone, besides Thorton, gets cut.

More importantly though, is who gets cut on the other NFL teams that can help Dallas.