CFZ Some guys need to rest next week regardless of the Eagles’ status

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This team is getting banged up in a hurry.

If I were making decisions, I’d sit the vast majority of the starters next Sunday. Will McCarthy? Who knows.

One thing I do know is that a certain number of guys should rest, regardless of where we stand with winning the division, etc.

• Micah Parsons - he should have been resting tonight considering the litany of nicks he’s dealing with, and now the hand injury. Two weeks of rest may do him a lot of good.
  • Dak - he nearly got injured a couple different times tonight. He must be healthy come playoff time, and his body could use two weeks of rest.
  • Zeke - he’s looking very worn down also. Looked like he was running in molasses tonight
  • Pollard - zero reason for him to play with an obviously sore quad
  • Demarcus Lawrence - he’s been playing through injury and needs the rest
More could probably be added to that list (Zack Martin, Sam Williams, Hooker and Kearse), but at the risk of being rusty in the wild card round, those handful of guys should definitely sit next week.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This team is getting banged up in a hurry.

If I were making decisions, I’d sit the vast majority of the starters next Sunday. Will McCarthy? Who knows.

One thing I do know is that a certain number of guys should rest, regardless of where we stand with winning the division, etc.

• Micah Parsons - he should have been resting tonight considering the litany of nicks he’s dealing with, and now the hand injury. Two weeks of rest may do him a lot of good.
  • Dak - he nearly got injured a couple different times tonight. He must be healthy come playoff time, and his body could use two weeks of rest.
  • Zeke - he’s looking very worn down also. Looked like he was running in molasses tonight
  • Pollard - zero reason for him to play with an obviously sore quad
  • Demarcus Lawrence - he’s been playing through injury and needs the rest
More could probably be added to that list (Zack Martin, Sam Williams, Hooker and Kearse), but at the risk of being rusty in the wild card round, those handful of guys should definitely sit next week.
It a quandary.
If the Shegirls win this Sunday it's a moot point.
Sit every one
Even Jerry

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The Eagles are going to lose their next game so our guys have to just step up and power through it. Minny will lose too and we take the top seed. Then get a week off.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is with many fans wanting to rest players and give up?

Philly beats NO, then yes, rest them. Philly loses then play them.

Also depends upon the schedule for week 18. Say Philly loses. Here is what will happen.

They May have either the Dallas - Washington game or the NYG - Philly - NYG game on the SNF game. So no one may know to rest players for sure until the outcome of the earlier game.
That was my thought yesterday.

Now I am thinking they both will play at the same time, so both play the starters.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Part of what you were seeing is the effects of playing football on 3 days of rest. Other than Thanksgiving, Thursday football needs to go, especially late in the season.

On the flip side, Dallas now has 10 days of rest heading into the finale.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
What is with many fans wanting to rest players and give up?

Philly beats NO, then yes, rest them. Philly loses then play them.

Also depends upon the schedule for week 18. Say Philly loses. Here is what will happen.

They May have either the Dallas - Washington game or the NYG - Philly - NYG game on the SNF game. So no one may know to rest players for sure until the outcome of the earlier game.
That was my thought yesterday.

Now I am thinking they both will play at the same time, so both play the starters.

I hate the night games.....

shabazz

Reaction score
I wouldn’t rest Dak and risk interrupting the streak he’s been on.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not exactly time to rest our players. It all depends...

If the Eagles lose this weekend and keep the possibility of the Cowboys still winning the division and possibly that #1 playoffs spot, Cowboys should not rest their players.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You gotta play at least the first half against the Commanders no matter what. The Cowboys will have a break because they played on a short week. With the injury to Badacz the offensive line is gonna need a few more reps. You also need Dak to throw a few more passes to TY. I would sit CeeDee, Diggs, Parsons, Pollard and Parsons they need a break.