CFZ Some Interesting trends going into Commanders Game

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s always fun to look at some trends…here are a few I found interesting.
  • How bad are the Commanders? In the last 20 regular season games, they have fallen behind 20 points or more in the first half- 7 times! Wow. So we should be up 20 at the half, lol. They were down 24-0 last week at the half vs e-girls.
  • Carson “Wince” was sacked 9 times vs Filly last week! Wince has had 53 pressures in 3 games. That’s laughable.
  • The Cowboys lead the series all time 73-47-2.
  • In the last ten seasons, Dallas is 13-7 vs Wash.
  • For the first time since 1974, the Cowboys have held their opponents to less than 20 points in their first 3 games of the season.
  • If the Cowboys hold the Commanders to less than 200 yards net passing Sunday, that will be the first time that’s happened since 1977- when that great Doomsday II defense was in place. And a season the Cowboys won it all.
Trends don’t always translate week to week. But on paper, the Cowboys are clearly better. Just need to go out and take it to this team early. If we can get up by 20 at half, it’s over, lol.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Wentz decides to have a good game this week, the Skins scare me.

Their defense is stout and they have a decent amount of offensive weapons, but it's really going to come down to the bipolar QB.

If Wentz plays like he did in week 1 and 2, the Skins will probably win. If he (and the o-line) plays like he did in weeks 3, it'll be a cakewalk victory for the Cowboys.

Creeper

Reaction score

Their defense is stout and they have a decent amount of offensive weapons, but it's really going to come down to the bipolar QB.

If Wentz plays like he did in week 1 and 2, the Skins will probably win. If he (and the o-line) plays like he did in weeks 3, it'll be a cakewalk victory for the Cowboys.

I always thought Wentz had a good arm, better than Dak's. But he also has some mental block or something. If he plays his best he can carve up a defense. But it just seems like when everything is going right for him, he implodes.

He can have games where is looks like an all-pro. He has lots of weapons to throw to if he keeps his head. But then he can hold the ball and take a lot of sacks or make some horrible desperation throws that get intercepted.

I don't think Rush can win in a shootout so we better hope Wentz is the guy who falls apart and makes a lot of dumb mistakes this week.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Or something in-between. The NFL is so unpredictable.

75boyz

Reaction score
I hope all these things can be accomplished as well. Because I sure would like to think that the opposite won't happen.

And that is the old 'they were guilty of reading their press clippings' attitude and shows itself as an unprepared group not ready for a division rival fight.

I hope this week's practice results in the same hungry, coached up team we've witnessed the last 2 games.

Last edited:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I always thought Wentz had a good arm, better than Dak's. But he also has some mental block or something. If he plays his best he can carve up a defense. But it just seems like when everything is going right for him, he implodes.

He can have games where is looks like an all-pro. He has lots of weapons to throw to if he keeps his head. But then he can hold the ball and take a lot of sacks or make some horrible desperation throws that get intercepted.

I don't think Rush can win in a shootout so we better hope Wentz is the guy who falls apart and makes a lot of dumb mistakes this week.
Totally agree. Wentz is definitely a unique player. Sort of like Ryan Fitzpatrick as far as running hot and cold.

I just hope he's running on Sunday

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Washington is gonna come out sharp imo. Wentz was good against us until the 2020 season. Thst being said, I can’t see us losing this game unless the whole team plays horribly. An average performance should be good enough.

Carson

Reaction score
Washington is gonna come out sharp imo. Wentz was good against us until the 2020 season. Thst being said, I can’t see us losing this game unless the whole team plays horribly. An average performance should be good enough.
Samuel and Dotson are game changers. They have talent on offense

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
  • How bad are the Commanders? In the last 20 regular season games, they have fallen behind 20 points or more in the first half- 7 times! Wow. So we should be up 20 at the half, lol. They were down 24-0 last week at the half vs e-girls.
  • Carson “Wince” was sacked 9 times vs Filly last week! Wince has had 53 pressures in 3 games. That’s laughable.
  • For the first time since 1974, the Cowboys have held their opponents to less than 20 points in their first 3 games of the season.
  • If the Cowboys hold the Commanders to less than 200 yards net passing Sunday, that will be the first time that’s happened since 1977- when that great Doomsday II defense was in place. And a season the Cowboys won it all.
Trends don’t always translate week to week. But on paper, the Cowboys are clearly better. Just need to go out and take it to this team early. If we can get up by 20 at half, it’s over, lol.

Up by 20 at the half? That would be something since that's basically a game's worth of scoring with Rush (20, 20, and 23).

I don't think the Cowboys are going to light up the scoreboard more than usual, but I do think they can make life difficult for Mr. Wentz.

Rush has been able to avoid turnovers and if he does that again the Cowboys should handle the Football Team from Washington.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Or something in-between. The NFL is so unpredictable.
If we play down to them or walk in the game thinking it’s a done deal , we will lose. Perfect setup Washington has weapons and they’ve looking to stop the bleeding. No better way than to beat an over confident Dallas Cowboys. They live for these type of games

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
The same bug that bit Ron here locally in Carolina is starting to show itself in Washington. He's just not a great team builder.

That being said, he and his coordinators (I believe), are coaching for their jobs this weekend. I think Washington will actually come out with some fire early on, but we'll be too much for them once the dust settles.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Good stuff.

If we can eliminate the stupid drive killing and drive extending penalties— we will be competitive in most contests.

I also think the turnovers are about to come in bunches. Between the Cinci and NY games there were some very close calls, and I think we force at least 3 this Sun vs Wash.

Run the ball. Stop the run, Bust open Wince like a pinata and collect the candy. Victory formation. Beers all around

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Really the key will be can Washington run the ball. If they can that helps take pressure off Wentz and slows Cowboys pass rush. If Cowboys are forcing them into sure passing down Cowboys will eat on Wentz. I look for a lot of draws and screens by skins .

cowboyec

Reaction score
rivalry game.
never take them for granted.
if we handle our business...this is a game we should win.
our defense gives us a shot...every week.
fun to watch.
gonna be a helluva fun ride this year.
GO☆COWBOYS.
BEAT☆washington.