Some more bad news for special teams, don't hate the poster

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Just thought you would like to know, some more bad news for special teams;
October 15, 2008
Cowboys' defense and special teams take another hit
1:41 PM Wed, Oct 15, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Add LB Kevin Burnett, who plays in nickel and dime situations and leads the team in special teams tackles, to the Cowboys' lengthy injury list.

Burnett is sitting out practice and has a protective boot on his left foot. We'll let you know when we know more about his injury.

OLB Anthony Spencer, whose hamstring injury resulted in some personnel shuffling that Arizona's Sean Morey exploited on the game-winning punt block, is also sitting out.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
man, Burnett is always hurting.....I like him, but about to give up on this guy!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This hurts us badly.

Burnett is not just a cog on special teams but also the nickel and dime defenses.

This means more Carpenter.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2342929 said:
man, Burnett is always hurting.....I like him, but about to give up on this guy!

Isn't he a Free Agent this offseason? Jerry might end up agreeing with you.

Aven8

Reaction score
Good! This means Zach can play third down, where he should have been playing all along! He's still one of the best cover lb's in this league....I think it's nuts when we pull him off of 3rd downs...every time! Do you think the offensive coordinators don't realize this Stewy?????

By the way...Burnett is a WIMP! I'm sick of his little injuries.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Alexander;2342944 said:
This hurts us badly.

Burnett is not just a cog on special teams but also the nickel and dime defenses.

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Alexander;2342944 said:
This hurts us badly.

Finally, Carp gets to show off his skills. :D

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
This is getting bad.

...and on top of our current injury list, this makes me think that linebacker has again become a top priority for this team next year. Burnett can't stay healthy. carpenter plays like a puss. James is a two down player with limited ability. Thomas and Ellis are on their last legs. Spencer is showing a tendency for nagging injuries. We're hurting inside and outside.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
tomson75;2343116 said:
This is getting bad.

...and on top of our current injury list, this makes me think that linebacker has again become a top priority for this team next year. Burnett can't stay healthy. carpenter plays like a puss. James is a two down player with limited ability. Thomas and Ellis are on their last legs. Spencer is showing a tendency for nagging injuries. We're hurting inside and outside.

Well. You're making some good points. Spencer will be fine IMO but you do need three pass rushers and I don't know how long Ellis will last.

I've said for awhile we need to draft a MILB; say like Patrick Willis. They will never pass on a player like Ware or a great pass rusher type. So I don't worry they'd pass on that. But Jerry has not drafted MLBs cause 'you can always find one'. Well not anymore.