Some Props to Kosier

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I just wanted to give some love to our great LG Kyle Kosier.

No one talks about him. He quietly does his job. But he's the most consistent and reliable lineman we have. I don't think I've seen him beat this year, he's always sticking to his assignment, and when was the last time he's had a penalty?

We never hear of him, and that's a good thing. It means he's doing his job, and well.

I never thought we'd be able to replace Larry Allen, but our resident Mountain Man has.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
CowboyMike;1804986 said:

No one talks about him. He quietly does his job. But he's the most consistent and reliable lineman we have. I don't think I've seen him beat this year, he's always sticking to his assignment, and when was the last time he's had a penalty?

We never hear of him, and that's a good thing. It means he's doing his job, and well.

I never thought we'd be able to replace Larry Allen, but our resident Mountain Man has.

Umm, he was the clown who held in the Pats game.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
smarta5150;1804990 said:
Umm, he was the clown who held in the Pats game.
Yup. But you can pretty much count his bad plays this year on one hand.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1804997 said:
Yup. But you can pretty much count his bad plays this year on one hand.

Yeah... but can you guess what finger I would use to count that mistake?

burmafrd

Reaction score
If you count bad plays as those he screwed up or had penalties on then yes he has been consistent. He has also been beaten and taken out of too many plays. He gives 110% all the time and he is the best lineman we haeve at getting to the second level- but overall he is also the weakest lineman we have.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Nate Newton is always giving him props, calling him "My boy Kyle Kosier" on 103.3. Considering Nate knows line play and watches that during games, I'd say that's a pretty good endorsement.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I think hes done a great job this year. All linemen commit penalties once in a while. K. Kosier is solid, and Im glad to have him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Inmanroshi struck gold when he said that Kosier has been the best free agent signing of anyone in the last 5 years

although Bigg may take that title now

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1805190 said:
Inmanroshi struck gold when he said that Kosier has been the best free agent signing of anyone in the last 5 years

although Bigg may take that title now
Romo? :)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems to be playing solid ball. Few penalities. He was getting ripped by some in here who thought that wasn't a good FA pick-up but he has proved to be valuable addition.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I think he has done pretty good job. If he is the weakest link then our OLine is pretty damn good.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1805263 said:
I think he has done pretty good job. If he is the weakest link then our OLine is pretty damn good.

he literally is the weakest link, no really

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
CowboyMike;1804986 said:

He's playing well, but he's gotten abused more than most of our linemen. (That's not really saying anything bad, though.)

Go back and watch the Minnesota game and take back some of that love.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
you might want to slow your roll on Kosier....he is solid...but that's it. He will not be re-signed. The Cowboys will need another POWERFUL guy at his posistion...so teams will not know where we are going in short yardage.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
CowboyMike;1804986 said:

Larry Allen is a luxuary. You know, arguably one of the top Guards ever. Normally, an adequate guard is enough. Kosier has done his job, sweet, that's why we pay him.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1805007 said:
Nate Newton is always giving him props, calling him "My boy Kyle Kosier" on 103.3. Considering Nate knows line play and watches that during games, I'd say that's a pretty good endorsement.

Kosier is our fifth best starting offensive lineman... he ain't bad, but the other four are better...

And yeah, I'd like to see his position taken by another behemoth, another 325 pounder plus... I want a smashmouth offensive line, and other than Kosier, we have that in place... Kosier's the classic "technician"...

Hey, let's trade him to the Pats for their (the 49ers) first round draft pick... he'd be a PERFECT fit for them, and we'd certainly have enough ammo to trade up and draft D-Mac...

I've said it before, I'll say it again-- I've got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals... :D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1805263 said:

This is true, but I'm greedy... I want another line to rival Tuinei/Allen/Stepnoski/Newton/Williams... Kosier doesn't come close to Allen or Newton...

Is it really too much to ask for, 5 Pro Bowl caliber offensive linemen?? LOL...