CFZ Some very good signs, but we need to continue to improve in these areas!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
1. The run D is getting better. Gallimore and Hankins are starting to clog the middle and make a few plays. Have been waiting all year for Gallimore to step up. He is starting to do it. The run D needs to continue to improve before I feel confident we can slow down TB’s, 49er’s, or Philly run game in the playoffs.

2. Diggs, and now Bland, can make plays on the ball and cover, but we have Joseph as our 3rd corner. Can Joseph improve enough to be a steady corner, a little better than Brown. Brown was our weak link in the defensive backfield.

3. Our LBers are improving. Our rookie is improving every game. By the playoffs he may be a play maker!

4. Mark my word: Sam Williams will be our second best pass rusher. I want it to be this year. Give him more snaps!!! He is pretty darn good vs the run too!

5. Our O line is very good, but they can get better with a little more POWER at left guard. By the playoffs we need 2 of these 3 players starting on the left side, Tyron, Tyler, or Peters. Who ever is playing the best at the end of the season.

6. Our receivers our doing well, but OBJ would help this team if 100% healthy. Before signing him make him workout to prove he is healthy.

7. We are good on third and 1, but we can get better. Steal Philly’s QB sneak. Dak is as strong as Hurts.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
1. The run D is getting better. Gallimore and Hankins are starting to clog the middle and make a few plays. Have been waiting all year for Gallimore to step up. He is starting to do it. The run D needs to continue to improve before I feel confident we can slow down TB’s, 49er’s, or Philly run game in the playoffs.

2. Diggs, and now Bland, can make plays on the ball and cover, but we have Joseph as our 3rd corner. Can Joseph improve enough to be a steady corner, a little better than Brown. Brown was our weak link in the defensive backfield.

3. Our LBers are improving. Our rookie is improving every game. By the playoffs he may be a play maker!

4. Mark my word: Sam Williams will be our second best pass rusher. I want it to be this year. Give him more snaps!!! He is pretty darn good vs the run too!

5. Our O line is very good, but they can get better with a little more POWER at left guard. By the playoffs we need 2 of these 3 players starting on the left side, Tyron, Tyler, or Peters. Who ever is playing the best at the end of the season.

6. Our receivers our doing well, but OBJ would help this team if 100% healthy. Before signing him make him workout to prove he is healthy.

7. We are good on third and 1, but we can get better. Steal Philly’s QB sneak. Dak is as strong as Hurts.
The Cowboys need to improve in the area of Kelvin Joseph?

The Cowboys needs to improve in the area of LG?

The Cowboys need to improve in the area of Sam Williams?

The Cowboys need to improve in the area of Damone Clark?

The Cowboys need to improve in the area of OBJ?

The Cowboys need to improve in the area of QB sneaks?

I'm thinking the title should read Improvements I'd like to see.

NotForLong

Reaction score

:huh:

plasticman

Reaction score
Probably the best way for the Cowboys to defend against the run this season is to build a sizable lead early and force teams to pass.

It probably won't be until next season for the Cowboys to improve their defense against the run. If the current DT's and interior LB's can't stop the run then they need to be replaced.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Most of the run D problems seem to be in the C gaps.

the DEs want those sacks.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

My point. We are getting better in some key areas, but we still need to continue to improve so we are ready to play the big boys in the playoffs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Cowboys made needed correction on run defense, guys are as they say earning the pass rush opportunity, instead of DT stunting all the time and trying to get after the QB on every play they past could of game DT are staying home and playing the run, DE are not pinch down as much on 1st downs. Personally, I'm not worried about a RB getting 1 chunk yardage play right now none of the RB have been able to sustain a rushing attack often finding themselves in 2nd or 3rd and long with then allows the Cowboys pass rush to attack.

cnuball21

Reaction score
My concerns are the same they were coming into the season.

- Run D
- Pass Protection
- Below average WR room

An incredibly easy NFC this year has masked a lot but will these things pop up in the playoffs on the road against Tampa? If they decide to sell out to stop the run and we have to protect and need someone to get open other than Lamb against their solid CB duo can we get it done? Maybe...but I have a TON of concern if they force us into throwing it a lot.