Something that has been bothering me

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Howie Long hit on it during the pre-game show when talking about the Cowboys and lack of focus. During Wade's 2 years here there has been some things going on that you don't see out of contenders in the middle of the season or during the playoff's.

Vacations to Mexico before a playoff game
Book signing tours
Players traveling cross country to attend other teams Holiday parties
Fights at a hotel

Is this team full off to many stars and not enough no names trying to make a living?

I love to watch Owens giving interviews but I have to wonder how much of it is to talk football and how much of it is to endorse his book that looms like a flashing banner behind his head.

I really don't have an agenda against Ownes or any other player, I just wonder if the leash given to these stars is a little to long.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
yes too many "stars" not enough of a team. plus Wade is not built to be a HC and was Jerry's worst signing for a headcoach.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me. I am sure stuff like this happened before Wade was here, but no one gave a damn cause we were a mediocre/bad team. These kind of things happen to all teams. Not a big deal.

And can we wait till the game is over before we start crying about irrelevant things that no coach can control.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
what is needed on this team is a tough head coach like jimmy johson or chuck noll, that the players fear, and the head coach has free reign to trade or cut players, and choose his own assistant coaches;

granted you dont trade stars unless you can help build your team like the cowboys when they traded hershell walker,

get a head coach that the players fears, and whom will run training camp hard, with lots of hitting, and no sloppy football, that will make the players accountable or get rid of the ones that dont want to pay the price, then you will see things change,

jimmy40

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2420699 said:
Howie Long hit on it during the pre-game show when talking about the Cowboys and lack of focus. During Wade's 2 years here there has been some things going on that you don't see out of contenders in the middle of the season or during the playoff's.

Book signing tours
Fights at a hotel

Is this team full off to many stars and not enough no names trying to make a living?

I love to watch Owens giving interviews but I have to wonder how much of it is to talk football and how much of it is to endorse his book that looms like a flashing banner behind his head.

I really don't have an agenda against Ownes or any other player, I just wonder if the leash given to these stars is a little to long.

Our GM traded for a guy and then hired babysitters for him, obviously distractions aren't a concern for Cowboys management.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
There are some things to be concerned about, but these players' schedules during the week don't bother me too much.

A couple of weeks ago, Kerry Collins went deer hunting on a Friday before a game. Players fly all over the country on their off-days.

It's just magnified in Dallas and when you're playing poorly it becomes an issue.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2420712 said:
what is needed on this team is a tough head coach like jimmy johson or chuck noll, that the players fear, and the head coach has free reign to trade or cut players, and choose his own assistant coaches;

granted you dont trade stars unless you can help build your team like the cowboys when they traded hershell walker,

get a head coach that the players fears, and whom will run training camp hard, with lots of hitting, and no sloppy football, that will make the players accountable or get rid of the ones that dont want to pay the price, then you will see things change,

You just described Bill Parcells. That didn't work either. He was tough and told the players to stay away from strips clubs. He released Keith Davis for getting shot outside of one. That's one example of BP's firmness, yet the Cowobys still played undisciplined football. There's something else wrong with this team. I hope they have discovered it, fixed it and we see the fruits of it starting tonight.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2420735 said:
You just described Bill Parcells. That didn't work either. He was tough and told the players to stay away from strips clubs. He released Keith Davis for getting shot outside of one. That's one example of BP's firmness, yet the Cowobys still played undisciplined football. There's something else wrong with this team. I hope they have discovered it, fixed it and we see the fruits of it starting tonight.

Gotta agree with that assessment. If the last three weeks have taught me anything, it was that Romo has been covering up a lot more warts than I ever gave him credit for. When they had to play like a team to win they got blown out of the building in two of three games.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2420735 said:
it's drafting stupid players.

bsheeern

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2420699 said:

Book signing tours
Fights at a hotel

Yeah but how many things did the Boys of the 90's do that a lot of other teams didn't do. I think the main thing Howie hit on was what I highlighted above. HEAR about instead of SEE is the main point. We are the most publicized team in the NFL because we are the Cowboys. You hear more about Pacman's fight than you do Matt Bryant's son passing away and him kicking the game winning field goal. Sad but true......

sbark

Reaction score
Kinda like the Vikings at the peak of the R.Moss era......they were among the highest paid team in NFL......w/o doing anything

would imagine this version of Cowboys is similar.......the players got theirs, without even winning a game in the playoffs, let alone a SBowl

Jerry should've had a built in incentive plan...vrs. spreading it right away