Something to get off my chest before I move on to GB

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score
What the heck, Brandon Carr??? I have loved the attitude you have brought to the team, but this season, with the exception of a couple great plays, you look timid and a step behind! STEP YOUR GAME BACK UP!!!! This is why we paid you 50mil! Not to be like Dwayne Goodrich, more like Everson Walls!!! C'mon Carr!!!!

Solution

Reaction score
all comes down to the d-line and the new scheme in my opinion. I don't want to judge these corners good or bad because I really think they are being put at a massive disadvantage on every snap.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There is not one corner in the league that can matchup with B Marsh. He's not an elite, shutdown corner, even if we want to act like he is. This was no surprise. The guy always murders us.

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score
Atleast other CBs with big paychecks ATLEAST challenge BMARSH most of the time. Carr was playing scared...

btcutter

Reaction score
Atleast other CBs with big paychecks ATLEAST challenge BMARSH most of the time. Carr was playing scared...

When you play Zone as much as we did last night and generates ZERO pass rush. Dieon would have looked bad.

Carr is a press CB. You take that away and he loses his edge.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the heck, Brandon Carr??? I have loved the attitude you have brought to the team, but this season, with the exception of a couple great plays, you look timid and a step behind! STEP YOUR GAME BACK UP!!!! This is why we paid you 50mil! Not to be like Dwayne Goodrich, more like Everson Walls!!! C'mon Carr!!!!

It's not that simple. They are playing a lot of zone which makes Carr dependent on many other players in coverage. He is trying to do too much to compensate for issues with the Safeties and LBs. Also, the lack of pass rush is making coverage impossible.

I recommend getting the coaches film and reviewing the big picture of this defense. Carr is the least of the Cowboys problems on defense.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
When we get pressure on the QB, Brandon Carr will become all world again.

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score
Well, if it's so simple to remedy. PLAY MAN THEN. IDC what scheme you are in, you are a football player, get the job done! It's what they get paid for, not because of the scheme. 50mil reasons for no excuses.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Don't bite my head off. I'm just trying to help you understand the core of the problem. The origination point. :D

Well, if it's so simple to remedy. PLAY MAN THEN. IDC what scheme you are in, you are a football player, get the job done! It's what they get paid for, not because of the scheme. 50mil reasons for no excuses.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Carr hasn't been the same since being he became the object of pity for every other DB in the NFL after Megatron took Carr to the shed and beat him like a red-headed step child for 300+ yards receiving.

arglebargle

Reaction score

They played man against Detroit: How'd that work out?

Without a pass rush, there's not much coverage that will work.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score

In Carr's defense, he's got no pass rush in front of him, and no safety play behind him. I'd play a little scared, too.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Then they have problems in other areas. The goal is for the overall defense to be as good as possible. The goal is not to have Brandon Carr be as good as possible while everything else fails.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Step One: Spend eight years acquiring personnel while building a 3-4 defense.
Step Two: Sign one press man corner (Brandon Carr), draft another one (Morris Claiborne).
Step Three: Ditch the 3-4, and place said press man corners in a zone scheme.
Step Four: Hire a bad college coordinator six years removed from the NFL.
Step Five: Lose four defensive linemen to injury and cut another (Jay Ratliff)

FINAL RESULT: The worst defense in Dallas Cowboys history!