Something We Have NOT Discussed About Backup QB

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Do any of the candidates hold for FGs or PATs?

Personally I'd like to get Patrick Crayton to do that because I think he could be a great wepaon on fakes (if we ever run any). He can throw or run. Maybe even go out for a pass if the Kicker can throw (Ha!).

I think I'd like to see Tony not handle that, and no not because of one bobble. I don't want him to get hurt on a fluke play and I'd rather have him 100% focused on the offense.

If not Tony, a backup coming in, or Crayton, that leaves us with McBriar or possibly Witten (thinking Novacek and how good he was) as possible holders.

My #1 hope is Crayton, but if a team deems him worth giving up a 2nd rounder for as an RFA (he was tendered at 1.3 million), then what?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
I agee 100%...they talked about it some last year, but nothing came of it. It may have been that they thought Crayton may not be on the active roster every week. I think he is the perfect candidate though...best hands on the team besides maybe Glen, and an ex-QB.

ddh33

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if McBriar ended up being the holder again. The punters usually have more free time to practice with the kicker and snapper.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Ummmm...:confused:... I'm still looking for the part of this thread that has "NOT been discussed".

:p:

adamknite

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1397571 said:
of all the backup QB candidates, who has holding experience?

I believe Brad Johnson held some when he was backing up Culpepper, I could be wrong here, somebody let me know if I am.

joseephuss

Reaction score
adamknite;1397583 said:
I believe Brad Johnson held some when he was backing up Culpepper, I could be wrong here, somebody let me know if I am.

Johnson has spent a lot of time as a holder even when he was the starting QB. I believe he was the holder for the Skins in the playoffs under Norv Turner. Jake Plummer also is a holder although I don't want him anywhere near Dallas.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
leave it to the mods to bring common sense to the treads...must we teach them everything?? :D no hos i'm not looking for a mini vaccation

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;1397686 said:
leave it to the mods to bring common sense to the treads...must we teach them everything?? :D no hos i'm not looking for a mini vaccation
I am. I am feeling the need to go camping really bad.

No TV.

No PC.

No phones.

No boss.

Just tin foil dinners and a good book to read.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just be back before the draft ...... I feel like no matter what happens this board is gonna freak out ....... its been building....