Sour Grapes from Detroit Fans

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sour Grapes: Motown Version

Maybe now that Roy Williams is gone, Calvin Johnson won't pick up his bad habits, such as dropping passing, running the wrong routes (Calvin did that last weekend, too) and pointing towards the end zone when making a first down. This is a GREAT TRADE today. With a good GM, those picks might be worth something. And with Romo going down for a few weeks, mayne that first round pick could get to be a mid-rounder!

Hey everybody slow clap for the lions for finally making a smart choice. He was the next cory redding all the money in the world but not enough heart to battle through adversity. No matter what though the curse of millen will continue for another 42 years.

I give Dallas three weeks before they wish they had their draft picks back.

You could find a receiver in this draft easy thats as good as RW. Hes a marginal reciever, who whines, takes plays off, and drops way too many passes. He's a #2 WR in this league at best. Did I miss something, Roy hasnt made a big play in a long time while whining an complaining why so much love?.

These are in response to someone saying that RW11 was the face of the Lions.

The face of this year's Lions? Maybe in your house, but not here. An overpaid, underachieving CLOWN? Don't think that's the face of MY team. Maybe he'll clean his act up in Dallas, since he'll be looking for a new contract -- one that'll push T.O. outta town...

Are you kidding me the face of the Lions a lazy, helmet throwing, 2 year old, with hands of stone, who act's like t.o. Jr. Sure he's the face of the Cry Baby, i'm the greatest, no catching super hero, first down, take my ball and go home team guy. Good bye you lazy, no catching, loud mouth, worthless piece of cow waste can't wait to see you and T.O. acting like 2 year olds on the sidelines. Cowboy's thank you so very much for the pick's and GOOD LUCK .

I really like this one.

The 'boys went and found another player that will help them win the Big One.
What's not to like? Everyone is happy when you're winning.
They don't wear a star on their helmet for nothing...

From a Cowboys fan

Cowboys fan in Detroit here! I love the trade for the Cowboys, who HAVE to win now...the Lions will get plenty of help for the future. It works out for both teams.
Now, what this game is all about is finding PLAYERS, and Roy Williams is a talent that the Lions couldn't do anything with because of their lack of talent elsewhere. Roy will thrive in the Big D...
As for the Lions, well, they still haven't figured it out...maybe help is on the way.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
Aw poor babies, I heard the same thing from Oakland fans when they traded Randy "hands of stone" Moss, who also ran wrong routes and was a cry baby and a 2-14 team.

Air Force One

Reaction score
i read that whole thing and was happy to see how many Detroit fans like RW and wished him well

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Air Force One;2340244 said:
i read that whole thing and was happy to see how many Detroit fans like RW and wished him well

I was happy to see that too, but I live in Detroit and there are more #11 jerseys sported than any other player. He gets traded away and all of a sudden, he's a bum. Yeah right.

robjgrif

Reaction score
I really like this one.

Quote:
The 'boys went and found another player that will help them win the Big One.
What's not to like? Everyone is happy when you're winning.
They don't wear a star on their helmet for nothing...

Have to agree, my favorite too.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
There are probably some legit concerns amidst any sour grapes that might be in those posts.

Deion said on NFL Network that he's heard Roy isn't the hardest of workers. And he certainly dropped a ton of passes a few weeks ago.

With that said, he'll be coming to a team with an entirely different culture. Roy might be a front-runner of sorts (not sure we need another one?). He's been on winning teams all his life -- until he got to the NFL, where his team never wins.

I see a little bit of Leonard Davis in this move. Texas kid with the "lazy" label but all the talent who comes home, to a winning team, leaving behind a losing team.

These issues rank pretty low on my list of concerns, but we'll see how that aspect of things works out.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2340366 said:
I was happy to see that too, but I live in Detroit and there are more #11 jerseys sported than any other player. He gets traded away and all of a sudden, he's a bum. Yeah right.

they are mad and jealous that he is a COWBOY now and will have a real QB throwing to him. I quess when you have to comp for a bad throw you will have bad hands and pour routes in their eyes:D

cowboyz

Reaction score
RainMan;2340399 said:
There are probably some legit concerns amidst any sour grapes that might be in those posts.

Deion said on NFL Network that he's heard Roy isn't the hardest of workers. And he certainly dropped a ton of passes a few weeks ago.

With that said, he'll be coming to a team with an entirely different culture. Roy might be a front-runner of sorts (not sure we need another one?). He's been on winning teams all his life -- until he got to the NFL, where his team never wins.

I see a little bit of Leonard Davis in this move. Texas kid with the "lazy" label but all the talent who comes home, to a winning team, leaving behind a losing team.

These issues rank pretty low on my list of concerns, but we'll see how that aspect of things works out.

my only concern is his hands.

i felt if they were going to get a wr, they needed a small quick guy with dependable hands. someone to move the changes, provide a deep threat.

terry glenn