Sources: Houston Astros acquiring Justin Verlander from Mets

joseephuss

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38115264/sources-houston-astros-acquiring-justin-verlander-mets

Sources: Houston Astros acquiring Justin Verlander from Mets​

The Houston Astros and Justin Verlander are reuniting in hopes of securing a third championship together.

The Astros reached agreement with the New York Mets on Tuesday to reacquire Verlander, bringing the reigning American League Cy Young Award winner back to Houston. Outfielder Drew Gilbert, rated as the Astros' best prospect by MLB.com, is heading to New York in the deal, as is minor league outfielder Ryan Clifford.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hope it's worth it!!!!!

Think the Mets learned their lesson about overpaying?

84 mil for 2 years for a 40 yr old pitcher. Plus a bonus, bringing it to 93 mil.

Don't know exact figures, but I do know they have agreed to pay a significant portion of his salary.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hope it's worth it!!!!!

84 mil for 2 years for a 40 yr old pitcher. Plus a bonus, bringing it to 93 mil.

Don't know exact figures, but I do know they have agreed to pay a significant portion of his salary.
That money will go towards Ohtani in the offseason :grin:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38115264/sources-houston-astros-acquiring-justin-verlander-mets

Sources: Houston Astros acquiring Justin Verlander from Mets​

The Houston Astros and Justin Verlander are reuniting in hopes of securing a third championship together.

The Astros reached agreement with the New York Mets on Tuesday to reacquire Verlander, bringing the reigning American League Cy Young Award winner back to Houston. Outfielder Drew Gilbert, rated as the Astros' best prospect by MLB.com, is heading to New York in the deal, as is minor league outfielder Ryan Clifford.
Yes!!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hope it's worth it!!!!!

Has nothing to do with overpaying. The Mets have sucked this year and are selling off high priced players.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That money will go towards Ohtani in the offseason :grin:
I don’t think he would go there. Dodgers, Angels, and outside chance for Mariners. That’s my guess. I don’t think he wants to go east coast.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think he would go there. Dodgers, Angels, and outside chance for Mariners. That’s my guess. I don’t think he wants to go east coast.
Yea but money talks and Cohen isn’t afraid to throw it around :thumbup:

It is a long shot right now but anything can happen.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yea but money talks and Cohen isn’t afraid to throw it around :thumbup:

It is a long shot right now but anything can happen.
He's not going to need to worry about money for the rest of his life regardless of where he signs.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
How about those Mets? They kept the core players including Baty, Alonso, McNeil, Lindor, and Nimmo. Since the trade deadline they have been swept by KC and Baltimore. I would say there is evidence that core of players have quit. Apparently Schertzer and Verlander were the only ones... that cared not that it made any differences. Management wont call up Mauricio from the Minors because apparently he became disinterested when his buddys were brought up but management left him down there. May as well bring him now because even the major league team has quit. He will fit right in. I would keep Alvarez and Nimmo. The rest can can be cut or traded.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How about those Mets? They kept the core players including Baty, Alonso, McNeil, Lindor, and Nimmo. Since the trade deadline they have been swept by KC and Baltimore. I would say there is evidence that core of players have quit. Apparently Schertzer and Verlander were the only ones... that cared not that it made any differences. Management wont call up Mauricio from the Minors because apparently he became disinterested when his buddys were brought up but management left him down there. May as well bring him now because even the major league team has quit. He will fit right in. I would keep Alvarez and Nimmo. The rest can can be cut or traded.
They should have traded Alonso and got a ton back. I don’t care what his HR numbers are when the BA hovers just above the mendosa line. Lindor was a mistake signing as well, don’t make the same mistake again with Pete.

It should have been a total gut job and rebuild young. They are in no mans land right now with no bright future in the forecast. We have no pitching…..