News: Spagnola: It's Time To Stop Doubting Dak's Ability To Deliver

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't have the same start to this game as he had after the bye vs the Eagles. I was at the game and his accuracy was off. But he got hotter as they game went on, which is the best thing about him

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Some of the doubts will cease if he wins tomorrow.
That's how it should be.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I agree to a point but in the end it depends on how he plays.

The media will be out for blood if he lays an egg and the millions of haters will feed on it. We've seen it before with Romo.

No reason to believe he won't do what he's done all season and play at a high level, though.

The reason why Romo is remembered for the fumbled snap is because he was never able to redeem himself in the post season. The only way Dak gets labeled like Romo is if he never delivers a win beyond the divisional round.

plasticman

Reaction score
PURE nonsense IMO. He's a rookie and the fact he's played as well as .he has to this point is amazing. Tomorrow doesn't make or break him. Far from it.
True it doesn't make or break him but it could transend him, so to speak, to almost a category of his own. It's the potential of how good he could historically be that is so exciting. We still don't know, every time a standard has been set, he surpasses it. I want to see how far this goes.

That's because I have a hunch about this guy, Dak Prescott, when it comes to the big stage. I think his maturity, poise, and focus will produce results far different from the past 20 years.

I beleive that when the defining moment comes, the play that must be made to win under elimination circumstances, Dak will make that play....starting with his very first test.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Too many on here speculating, "if we lose". I don't understand all this doubt. We have the best team in the conference and we will earn the right to compete to be SB champions.

Btw... good read from Mickey.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Spagnola to Fans: It's Time To Stop Doubting Dak's Ability To Deliver

Fans to Spagnola: Welcome to October 2016

CCBoy

Reaction score
http://thelandryhat.com/2017/01/14/trust-dallas-cowboys-can-beat-team-week/

The Dallas Cowboys have already proven doubters wrong week after week and you should trust that they can and will continue to do it in the playoffs.

Is it fair for me to say that fans of the Dallas Cowboys are tired of the world searching for reasons that they will lose to just about every team they play? The narrative on a near weekly basis, was that the current opponent would be the first real test for Dallas. There was always some new reason the Cowboys would lose that week to that team. Until Dallas won of course.

Here we are on the verge of an NFC Divisional round showdown with the Green Bay Packers and their vaunted quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Yet the same things are being said. Rodgers is on fire. The Cowboys haven’t played a meaningful game since the Ice Age. By the way, you can’t trust a rookie quarterback in the playoffs.

Why can’t we trust the Cowboys’ rookie quarterback, Dak Prescott, in the playoffs? No first-year has ever done what again? Prescott only tied the quarterback rookie record for wins in a season (13), finished with the best completion percentage (67.8), touchdown to interception ratio (23-4) and passer rating (104.9) of any first-year passer in NFL history. I trust Dak to do things that no rookie has done before, because he already has!

Trust!...

plasticman

Reaction score
It's a truly entertaining experience to talk about Dak Prescot with non-Cowboy fans.

Them: "Dak has had a lot of help and this has contributed to his success.

Me: "No doubt, but is he the only Rookie quarterback in history to benefit from a great running game with an elite RB? If not, did this other rookie QB wnd up with the best career QB rating in NFL history after one regular season?"

Them: "No rookie QB in history had as much help as Dak when it come to what Zeke has done".

Me: "On the contrary, rookie Joe Ferguson, a 3rd round draft choice for the Buffalo Bills in 1973 started all 14 games when OJ rushed for over 2000. They also had a top ten defense and their offensive line, the Electric Company, starred some elite linemen. Joe Flacco, a first round pick of the Ravens had the best defense in the league for help. All the offense has to do was score 14 points to win.. Neither of these guys, or any other, had the type of numbers put up by Dak."

Them:"Well, Dak isn't always going to play at this level."

Me: "You got that right. It has been statistically proven that rookie QB's generally show a gradual improvement with experience. I'm interested in seeing just how much Dak will improve....wont you?"