Spagnola: Prove Knowing How To Win At Stake

CCBoy

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Whoa, Nellie, to go Keith Jackson on you. There is a whole lot on the line in this game: 10-2 Philadelphia Eagles vs. 9-3 Dallas Cowboys. First place in the NFC East for starters. Cowboys win, a temporary first-place share with the Eagles. Cowboys lose, Eagles more than likely become the first team to repeat as division winners since they did so from 2001-04. Cowboys currently riding an NFL-high 14-game home winning streak. Hoping to remain undefeated at AT&T Stadium for the seventh time this season. Their current four-game winning streak the longest active streak in the NFL.

Then there is the Eagles maintaining their best record in the NFL. Cowboys proving capable of grabbing one of those so-called "quality wins," even though for real every win in the NFL, no matter who you beat, is a "quality win." These aren't low-hanging fruits.

Again, especially for the Cowboys, and this dawned on me over the weekend watching all these big-time college conference playoff games when Alabama coach Nick Saban uttered these words: "Prove you know how to win." Then a couple of days later, Cowboys offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer struck the same chord: "When you become a real good team, you got to believe you will find a way to win." That's it, right there. Now prove it.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-prove-knowing-how-to-win-at-stake

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If we lose, it just means the Eagles are a better team than we are.
If we win, we are still in the conversation. I don’t see this game changing anything other than possibly giving SF the #1, which is great by me. I think we are #5 regardless of today’s game.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I expect to see #11 making a lot of plays this evening. He wants this one bad.
I bet he lines up at DE 90 pct of the time and gets washed out on double teams. DQ refuses to move him around more. Hurts needs pressure in his face. Is DQ smart enough to see this.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If we lose, it just means the Eagles are a better team than we are.
If we win, we are still in the conversation. I don’t see this game changing anything other than possibly giving SF the #1, which is great by me. I think we are #5 regardless of today’s game.
I agree completely. Win a home game against a rival if you are a good team.

Flamma

Reaction score
I just wish we could get some turnovers against these better teams.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The process of being a fan has to have integrity and not just a self satisfaction and insult based mostly on whipping boy blame, not rooting for the team.

Opportunity is the focus, not blame.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I bet he lines up at DE 90 pct of the time and gets washed out on double teams. DQ refuses to move him around more. Hurts needs pressure in his face. Is DQ smart enough to see this.
Bet on your view...

now explain how that affects run defense and total sacks? Actually answer the legitimate question for debate.

Your stance implies a general weakness in the Dallas defensive front and further blame.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Bet on your view...

now explain how that affects run defense and total sacks? Actually answer the legitimate question for debate.

Your stance implies a general weakness in the Dallas defensive front and further blame.
If you watched football you would know that containing Hurts is the path to defeating the Eagles. You would also know Hurts is effective throwing on the move. You would also understand that Hurts isn’t a tall QB and struggles with pressure coming up the middle. You might also know the Eagles Tackles are huge and talented. Putting that all together you might gather that it would be prudent to move Micah around and look to apply pressure up the middle.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If you watched football you would know that containing Hurts is the path to defeating the Eagles. You would also know Hurts is effective throwing on the move. You would also understand that Hurts isn’t a tall QB and struggles with pressure coming up the middle. You might also know the Eagles Tackles are huge and talented. Putting that all together you might gather that it would be prudent to move Micah around and look to apply pressure up the middle.
Crap on your cherry picking instead of quoting what was said. You are a fake and a coward because of YOUR bias. I'll ALSO discuss on football and discuss.

Your first statement depends completely on how injured Hurts is. That we all shall first see!

Throwing on the move depends on how the defense plays and lanes sustained. You saying the Eagles are just too big and the Dallas defensive front is unable to take advantage at their own designed and chosen time? You are too busy trying to present a high level of knowledge way too simply to apply to what is on the table.

First off, the Eagles still have to stay ahead and control all momentum. Not the picture you paint at all.

Stick to weekend zonderspiels and the beer steins. Or get real, buddy.

Enjoy the game...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I expect to see #11 making a lot of plays this evening. He wants this one bad.
I refuse to apologize for him before he even plays. He will add quite a bit of 'extra' and contribute to leading his defensive unit, for sure.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is the kind of game the Cowboys of recent history have made a habit of not performing well in. Let's see if the 2023 version is different.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I am shocked people read Mickey Spagnola
He concisely stated a realistic view that most yahoos here just insult and name toss at whipping boys. You should listen instead act informed and really the only one that can make sense.

He gets paid by the Cowboys organization. Are you? You won't own up...NO!

Read the book by Sullivan on the Cowboys...learn some of the real story. Not hillbilly songs and ballads. Know what those are?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don’t read him specifically because the Cowboys pay him.
You go girl...quick name the excuse Cowboy fans will use now! Jerry?

Go Cowboys! No excuses on this one...or your own crying before the game!! :starspin: :hammer:No excuses or fan insult, buddy.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Crap on your cherry picking instead of quoting what was said. You are a fake and a coward because of YOUR bias. I'll ALSO discuss on football and discuss.

Your first statement depends completely on how injured Hurts is. That we all shall first see!

Throwing on the move depends on how the defense plays and lanes sustained. You saying the Eagles are just too big and the Dallas defensive front is unable to take advantage at their own designed and chosen time? You are too busy trying to present a high level of knowledge way too simply to apply to what is on the table.

First off, the Eagles still have to stay ahead and control all momentum. Not the picture you paint at all.

Stick to weekend zonderspiels and the beer steins. Or get real, buddy.

Enjoy the game...
Are you really a person or an AI creation of a pre revolutionary period sports fan?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
You go girl...quick name the excuse Cowboy fans will use now! Jerry?

Go Cowboys! No excuses on this one...or your own crying before the game!! :starspin: :hammer:No excuses or fan insult, buddy.
No insults. I just don’t read Mickey Spagnola.