Spears & Burnett on DFW Sportsbeat, Irvin & Galloway, CBS Preview - 10/2/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
http://dcfanatic.com/2008/10/02/yo-dcfanatic-where-are-all-the-videos-at.aspx
----------------------------------------

Irvin and Galloway debate whether or not Romo forced the ball to T.O., CBS Sports preview of Cowboys vs Bengals and Spears and Burnett on DFW Sportsbeat.

Burnett is a little too cocky in here. Maybe. Maybe not. I still can't decide really, lol.

Has Spears even played since he was tearing it up in the preseason? lol.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Spears is by far playing the best ball of his career.

You guys kidding me?

ddh33

Reaction score
Spears is playing well. How is it that people don't pick up on that. I thought he was the only guy capable of stopping the run against Washington.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
ddh33;2304868 said:
Spears is playing well. How is it that people don't pick up on that. I thought he was the only guy capable of stopping the run against Washington.

Because he doesn't lead the league in sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles, touchdown passes, kicks returned for a touchdown, and net punt average!!!!!111111111

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Here is the thing. Spears playing well. Ratliff best on the line. Canty holding his own. Superstar LBer Ware and stars at the other LB positions. Great talent in the secondary.

We suck on defense. I don't get it. If Wade has the CBs playing off 15 yds again I think I will turn off the tv and go for a long walk.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2304557 said:
Spears is by far playing the best ball of his career.

You guys kidding me?

Are you?

He didn't show up on the stat sheet for the GB and Phi game.

And making a tackle three or four yards downfield against the Skins isn't impressing me whatsoever.

I can't even begin to count the amount of times he was block and turned around agains the Skins.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
xWraithx;2304874 said:
Because he doesn't lead the league in sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles, touchdown passes, kicks returned for a touchdown, and net punt average!!!!!111111111

What is playing well as a DE in Wade Phillips situation?

Getting stood up at the line of scrimmage time after time and never getting any penetration into the backfield when he's being blocked one on one is playing well in your opinion?

I gave the guy credit when he was doing some things in preseason and I even gave him a shoutout when he played well in the first half against the Browns.

But when he played like an average Joe over the last three games I am not going to say he's playing well.

Reaction score
If we ran a 4-3 our d-line would look like this, ware, ratliff, johnson, spencer. Top 5 in the league without a doubt and very young.

khiladi

Reaction score
Our DL are getting blwon off the line of scrimmage. Other than Ratliff, this DL is weak. Opposing QBs simply avoid the pressure by stepping up in the pocket, because the OL have cleared the path for the QBs.I don't know what game people are watching to be saying Canty and Spears and Tank and Hatcher are holding their own....

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
For one game....I would love to see this group be allowed to play agressive. Man up and blitz regularly. Playing "smart" doesn't seem to be working and the guys don't look like they have bought into the system.

$0.02

khiladi

Reaction score
If our DL is any good, we should have some sacks up the middle, through Bradie or Zach...