Speculation: Giants Will Go After Lance Briggs

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yesterday they let Lavar Arrington go, this opens a need at LB.

Why Briggs?

He and Antonio Pierce both played LB here at the University of Arizona and are good friends. Pierce was his mentor here.

Chicago may franchise Briggs and make this null and void, but I think the Giants will look at this.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Word out of Chicago is Briggs is getting tagged if they can't resign him. So if this is true, speculation is moot...

EDIT: hah maybe I should finish reading you post! ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;1375900 said:
Word out of Chicago is Briggs is getting tagged if they can't resign him. So if this is true, speculation is moot...

EDIT: hah maybe I should finish reading you post! ;)
Maybe you should read my whole post first.

Oh wait....

:grin:

Bigdog

Reaction score
That is what they are saying out here on the Sacramento sports radio shows. They think that the Giants are going after Lance Briggs and maybe Asante Samuel.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;1375890 said:
Yesterday they let Lavar Arrington go, this opens a need at LB.

Why Briggs?

He and Antonio Pierce both played LB here at the University of Arizona and are good friends. Pierce was his mentor here.

Chicago may franchise Briggs and make this null and void, but I think the Giants will look at this.

Yeah... them and about 20 other teams.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bigdog;1376374 said:
That is what they are saying out here on the Sacramento sports radio shows. They think that the Giants are going after Lance Briggs and maybe Asante Samuel.

Wow, that could be (2) #1s and (2) #3 draft choices! (As thats what you give up if you sign someone who has been tagged with the franchise tag)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Hostile;1376400 said:
Good job looking past everything to focus on one remark. Aces up.
Was that meant to be a good or bad thing?

b/c i was thinking the same thing

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Future 585;1376406 said:
Was that meant to be a good or bad thing?

b/c i was thinking the same thing
I was being very sarcastic. I gave 2 reasons why I was speculating this and he felt he had to tell me how good Briggs is. As if I had no clue even though he played right here where I live.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ha, question. Since Jerry is back in charge of drafting would it be better to sign a player that has been franchise tagged and give up a #1 and #3 draft choice? It would be like trading for Adalius Thomas, Asante Samuel, or Dwight Freeney for a #1 and #3 draft choice.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;1376400 said:
Good job looking past everything to focus on one remark. Aces up.

Didn't mean to make you cry, Hos. I was only pointing out that Briggs will draw interest from a lot of teams if he hits the open market.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, Martha.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1376505 said:
Didn't mean to make you cry, Hos. I was only pointing out that Briggs will draw interest from a lot of teams if he hits the open market.

:laugh2: yeah Hos, despite pointing out a little know fact, you were just stating the obvious

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack;1376505 said:

Oh brother. Yeah, I never thought anyone would want a Pro Bowl LB. Wow.

There, my panties are all unbunched in amazement at this incredible information. I mean I just flat out unclenched at this.

I mean info about their friendship dating back to college just pales in comparison to that. I stand humbled an in utter shame. Thank you for this. Your generosity knows no limits.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;1376564 said:
Oh brother. Yeah, I never thought anyone would want a Pro Bowl LB. Wow.

There, my panties are all unbunched in amazement at this incredible information. I mean I just flat out unclenched at this.

I mean info about their friendship dating back to college just pales in comparison to that. I stand humbled an in utter shame. Thank you for this. Your generosity knows no limits.

kleenex.JPG