Speculation: Trey Lance Was Briefly Discussed by Vikings as Trade Target

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no confirmation of this.

It started as a "the VIkings should call the Cowboys about Lance" click-bait written article and it has slowly evolved into "briefly considered" yet there are no confirmed sources.

This article references The Athletic which provides no sources other than to say "briefly considered" which they probably did for dozens of quarterback options.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Too bad we couldn't do a 3-team trade to get Dobbs here. If Dobbs could lead Arizona and Minnesota to a win, just imagine what he could do here!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too bad we couldn't do a 3-team trade to get Dobbs here. If Dobbs could lead Arizona and Minnesota to a win, just imagine what he could do here!
Bold> I can imagine him holding a clipboard.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Minnesota is probably better with Dobbs.
Personally, I am not sure why Kevin O'Connell did not start Dobbs over Jaren Hall to begin with. It is cruel to say but the rookie did not show much before he got concussed. At least Dobbs had built a resume of his capabilities before the trade. And he is extremely intelligent. Imagine assimilating the Vikings' playbook to that degree in such a short period of time.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dobbs looks like a late bloomer who can play in this league. Looking at his past record it, looks like he hasn't been given much of a chance to perform, that was until he got to Arizona.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
two nunber 1s.

I don’t think we have any helmets big enough for dobbs.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dobbs looks like a late bloomer who can play in this league. Looking at his past record it, looks like he hasn't been given much of a chance to perform, that was until he got to Arizona.
Solidified as a legit QB2 in the league, at least.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
His decision making as the Tennessee qb was questionable. Used to drive me crazy.