Tobal

Reaction score
Team needs: OT | S | OLB | WR | G | DE | NT
ROUND 1
Round 1, Pick 18

Bob Leverone/TSN
Kamerion Wimbley
OLB, Florida St.
Strengths: Shows an explosive first step and outstanding speed off the edge. Anticipates snap counts better than most prospects. Has the initial burst to get past offensive tackles without contact. Combines good quickness and agility with fluid hips and smooth change-of-direction skills. Beats offensive tackles with speed and quickness, and shows a good closing burst to the quarterback. Works best as a pursuing run defender. Breaks down and changes direction without losing speed in Full analysis

ROUND 2
Pick Projected Player Pos. School
17 (49) Pat Watkins S Florida St.
Watkins has good size and speed and is the perfect center fielder with good range and ball skills. He excels in zone coverage and can cover a lot of ground, which could free up Roy Williams to play closer to the line of scrimmage.
ROUND 3
16 (80) Charles Spencer G Pitt

ROUND 5
17 (150) Derrick Martin CB Wyo.

ROUND 6
13 (182) Marques Colston WR Hofstra
(from Philadelphia)
ROUND 7
16 (224) Dennis Roland Jr. OT Georgia

Duane

Reaction score
The first three picks seem rock solid. Don't know much about the 2nd day guys.

Woods

Reaction score
I like the first 3 picks a lot. If our first day goes like that, I'll be pretty happy.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Woods said:
I like the first 3 picks a lot. If our first day goes like that, I'll be pretty happy.

The second day picks are not that bad either. But I agree, those first three are outstanding.

dannyboy

Reaction score
put Carpender in the first slot and I'm happy

trade down and get carpender..........now were are talking

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dannyboy said:
put Carpender in the first slot and I'm happy

trade down and get carpender..........now were are talking

Trade down where? Carpenter is getting looks from New England and the Giants. If we think we can drop below those two and still get him, we are quite foolish.

If we like him so much, take him at 18. To hell with the pundits and who thinks he is a "reach" there.

Some think he is a late first round, not a mid-first. But honestly, once you get past pick 15 or so, it is pretty much even.

dannyboy

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Trade down where? Carpenter is getting looks from New England and the Giants. If we think we can drop below those two and still get him, we are quite foolish.

If we like him so much, take him at 18. To hell with the pundits and who thinks he is a "reach" there.

Some think he is a late first round, not a mid-first. But honestly, once you get past pick 15 or so, it is pretty much even.

I agreed- That's why I said trade down and still get him would be great. Personally, I would stay @ 18 if it meant losing him to someone else as I see him as a perfect fit to our 3-4

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I would take that first day in a heartbeat. I'll be shocked if Spencer goes 3rd round.

Pokes28

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me much if Spencer ended up being a first round pick. People tend to slow play centers, but it isn't out of the realm of reason that Spencer could be taken anywhere from pick 25 on.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
It wouldn't surprise me much if Spencer ended up being a first round pick. People tend to slow play centers, but it isn't out of the realm of reason that Spencer could be taken anywhere from pick 25 on.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

OGs rarely go in the 1st round, and Spencer isn't even the best OG

Natedawg44

Reaction score
They did a great job. Thats very feasible and matches our needs nicely. Rowland is a huge guy as well 6'10".

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
wait, how is DE a need? Don't we have Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, and Greg Ellis?

Can someone please tell me where I'm wrong.

Wow, both our DL and OL are positions of need. Not good, not good at all...

Pokes28

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
OGs rarely go in the 1st round, and Spencer isn't even the best OG

Except that Spencer can play more than just OG. He's got a lot of versatility. I don't like that he's about 25 pounds heavier than he should be (in my view). But if we were to get him in the 3rd, I'd be one happy Pokes fan.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh