Spurs finally deal Malik

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
for Nazr Mohammad of the Knicks.

Sad to see Malik go, but the writing's been on the wall for a good long time.

Tons of salary cap space AGAIN next year!

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
sad indeed but we need the help at center and Nazr will be a very good back up.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I like this move, sort of balances the alonzo mourning move the heat made...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I think all Spurs fans knew it was just a matter of time before he was gone with that salary and all. It's sad to see one of our favorites go but I think I had already prepared myself for his departure. I guess Duncan is the only person now who was on both championship teams. Good luck in New York Malik, you were always one of my favorites. A poor man's Charles Barkley.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Malik was a Maverick killer... this was a great move by the Spurs... and it cleared a fortune off of the cap for them...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I just wonder what the hell the point was in dealing with New York if Nazr is never going to get any playing time. Everytime I check the box scores, it's DNP - Coach's Decision.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I just wonder what the hell the point was in dealing with New York if Nazr is never going to get any playing time. Everytime I check the box scores, it's DNP - Coach's Decision.

Basically, it boils down to the fact that he has yet to learn the system. Once he gets comfortable in the Spurs system, look for his playing time to increase. Also, as we near the playoffs, he will begin seeing more minutes to allow Duncan some rest. When the playoffs get here he will definitely have to step up his play.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
el_chevo said:
Basically, it boils down to the fact that he has yet to learn the system. Once he gets comfortable in the Spurs system, look for his playing time to increase. Also, as we near the playoffs, he will begin seeing more minutes to allow Duncan some rest. When the playoffs get here he will definitely have to step up his play.

i am sure that we could have used him yesterday instead of Massenburg

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
el_chevo said:

Well, I hope Pop gets him in soon. I'd hate to know we lost Malik for a fella that never plays. I haven't followed all of them, but it seems like the other deadlines trade players have all seen some decent minutes.

And I don't know about youz guys but I am not afraid of those Phoenix Suns. They got their first win over us and it was barely over a squad minus Duncan and Manu. The West is ours this year. The Lakers have fallen apart. The Kings gave up. The Suns are another one of those high tempo, high scoring teams that have great regular season records but fold in the playoffs when they face championship defense. I'm already looking at the Heat and Pistons in the East because no one worries me on the other side.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Well, I hope Pop gets him in soon. I'd hate to know we lost Malik for a fella that never plays. I haven't followed all of them, but it seems like the other deadlines trade players have all seen some decent minutes.

And I don't know about youz guys but I am not afraid of those Phoenix Suns. They got their first win over us and it was barely over a squad minus Duncan and Manu. The West is ours this year. The Lakers have fallen apart. The Kings gave up. The Suns are another one of those high tempo, high scoring teams that have great regular season records but fold in the playoffs when they face championship defense. I'm already looking at the Heat and Pistons in the East because no one worries me on the other side.

the only team i am worried about is the Sonics since i think its the only team that gives us problem