News: ST: Cowboys QB coach had toe amputated in August

NewsBot

Reaction score
But when it comes to a life-or-death issue, there has been nothing more important than the surgery Wilson had to amputate the second toe on his right foot before the start of the season.

The toe had been infected due to complications with Type 1 diabetes, which Wilson has had for 30 years. The infection had gotten so bad that he was hospitalized for two days during training camp in early August to receive antibiotics. He was also forced to wear a walking boot for a week.

Wilson had a setback when the Cowboys returned to Dallas and found himself suffering again. He didn’t make the trip to the Aug. 25 preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks because he was in the hospital.

So on the same weekend that it was announced that Romo would be out 8-10 weeks after he suffered a broken bone in his back against the Seahawks, Wilson underwent surgery to amputate his toe.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article108395992.html#storylink=cpy

Click to Continue »

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JDSmith

Reaction score
Geez remember when he got ripped to pieces in here over that?

The Wilson hate was so strong and now the truth of exactly what the situation was comes out.

Oops.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Wonder if there will be even a hint of remorse?

Nah.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Oh, so that's why he's so much better this year. I knew something was different, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Scotman

Reaction score
So the performance enhancing drugs, for which he served a 5 game suspension, couldn't save the toe. Great job there Goddell. You nailed the junkie. :rolleyes:
He received a longer suspension for trying to manage the symptoms of diabetes than someone who was caught cheating.

Ridiculous.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's hoping he able to keep closer tabs on his diabetic condition -- wouldn't want to see anyone lose their body parts out of neglect or failure to tend to the necessary precautions. Diabetes requires constant attention. Otherwise, the consequences can be catastrophic. Be careful, Wade.

superonyx

Reaction score
So the performance enhancing drugs, for which he served a 5 game suspension, couldn't save the toe. Great job there Goddell. You nailed the junkie. :rolleyes:
The worst part of that suspension was that i believe it was longer than Billichek served for cheating and filming opposing teams practices and sidelines to steal their plays.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Geez remember when he got ripped to pieces in here over that?

The Wilson hate was so strong and now the truth of exactly what the situation was comes out.

Oops.

Cowboys have been in gun sights for a long time...and that wasn't limited to just the media. That included officials and league officials.

Truth be told, ol' Jerry hasn't been nearly as detrimental as many here have held him to be. But don't mention that now, to many even on site now

fredp22

Reaction score
hope hes ok. Diabetes unless combated wont stop there

the next story down is an interesting read.
Staubach is backing Dak over Romo. Brought up when he came back from injury and couldnt get in because Morton was playing so well and that he understood the decision