News: ST: DeMarco Murray could see more carries this week against the league's 31st rushing defense

NewsBot

Reaction score
The Commanders rank 31st against the run, but DeMarco Murray knows every week is a new week.

"You can never go on stats when you play a team like this, and a game like this where it’s a division game," Murray said. "They're a great defense. [London] Fletcher is still there. [Ryan] Kerrigan and [Brian] Orakpo both on the edges still. We respect those guys, and we know it’s going to be a hard-fought game, and we’re excited for the challenge."

Murray ranks fourth in the NFL with 399 yards, even though he has had only one 100-yard game.

"You've just got to stay ready," Murray said. "You get antsy a little bit when you’re not getting the ball as much, and you try to make a big play, you may miss a thing or two there. You've got to trust your technique, trust the game plan and stay focused, and let it come to you at the end of the day."

-- Charean Williams

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

bark

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind at least enough rushes to keep em honest.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
The Redsk*ns rank 31st against the run, but DeMarco Murray knows every week is a new week.

It make sense: RUN THE BALL. But come on, this is the Dallas Cowboys, what makes sense is rarely executed. 14 carries, 51yds. HOpe I'm wrong.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Last week, we were in a position such that it could be reasonable to expect that every 3 and out on our part would mean a score for the other team. That puts the running game on the back-burner. I think we will run the ball more against the Monuments.

Reactions: BAT

reddyuta

Reaction score
Commanders will be delighted with this.we have to put up a lot of points to beat them ,i am not saying we shouldnt run but the Commanders secondary sucks and we have to let Romo pick them apart.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Last week, we were in a position such that it could be reasonable to expect that every 3 and out on our part would mean a score for the other team.

I don't think that's a bad assumption going forward.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it.

Run, pass, or both. Don't care at this point, we just need to obliterate them and their hopes. A "W" should not be the goal against this putrid team, traditional rivalry be damned. Cowboys need to stop playing down to their opponents, their game plan each week should be to take what they want, not what the other team gives them.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Would love to see Murray or other RBs be productive, otherwise it will another 40+ passes from Romo.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Here's the biggest problem: The Cowboys rarely take advantage of such mismatches.

Whenever I hear something like, "The Cowboys are going against the league's worst offensive line," I DON'T expect a lot of sacks. Or "The Cowboys are going against the worst secondary in the NFL" - I DON'T expect a 400-yard, 4-touchdown performance.