Stanback at Arizona vs. Washington Game

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Last night I watched the late replay of the Arizona Wildcats improbable victory over the Washington Huskies (sorry Sasquatch). It wasn't on at regular time here and I couldn't believe they won. I kept watching the score and at one point in the 4th quarter Washington was up 41 to 26. Arizona scored the last 22 points of the game in the 4th.

Stanback was on the Washington sidelines and he commented on the game, on growing out his dreadlocks again (Ty Willingham did not allow them) and on making his mark in Dallas. Regarding playing for the Cowboys he said he loves the team and is happy to be learning from such a great staff. He feels he will contribute this year and thinks we are going a long way.

Very polite, well spoken young man who comes across as really intelligent.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hope we see him more after the bye week.

He seems like a smart guy and with his athletic ability hopefully by now hes learned the position well enough to get on the field a little.

He had to miss a lot of training camp if I remember right so hopefully hes starting to learn his new roll better.

We could really use his size and speed to stretch the field for us at least on a few plays in the game.

-----------------

On a side not for the last 2 years ive been saying Dennis Dixon from Oregon would make a great receiver prospect

Had we not drafted Stanback I would have loved to get that guy as a project. He is a super athlete and is going to be good at receiver if indeed thats what he plays in the pros.

Hes actually starting to look like a good QB too though.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
His attitude has been great since day one. I believe he will have a very successful career with us.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I am really pulling for this guy.....especially after he blew by Champ Baily in practice.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Can anyone make a quick highlight reel of his catches in pre-season???

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;1732102 said:
Regarding playing for the Cowboys he said he loves the team and is happy to be learning from such a great staff. He feels he will contribute this year and thinks we are going a long way.

Both is all I ever wanted. :D

speedkilz88

Reaction score
On Cowboys Special Edition, Jerry was discussing the rookie class and was very happy with their draft class this year. He said that Spencer was the best pick with his contributions that he has made already and that Folk was also up there with his technical ability and strong leg and that the class gave them a lot of depth(seem to be referring to the offensive lineman-Marten and Free) and that the guys they drafted had a lot of intangibles.

Then he mentioned that they had talked about Stanback last week and that he had star potential with his physical ability/speed and that he has made a lot of progress in practices. Then mentioned that Deon Anderson was everything that they had hoped for when they drafted him, that he was smart and physical and was contributing at FB and special teams.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
speedkilz88;1732136 said:
On Cowboys Special Edition, Jerry was discussing the rookie class and was very happy with their draft class this year. He said that Spencer was the best pick with his contributions that he has made already and that Folk was also up there with his technical ability and strong leg and that the class gave them a lot of depth(seem to be referring to the offensive lineman-Marten and Free) and they the guys they drafted had a lot of intangibles.

Then he mentioned that they had talked about Stanback last week and that he had star potential with his physical ability/speed and that he has made a lot of progress in practices. Then mentioned that Deon Anderson was everything that they had hoped for when they drafted him, that he was smart and physical and was contributing at FB and special teams.
Anderson has become my favorite pick from this Draft. Big shock huh?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Hostile;1732138 said:
I've always wondered, who's the dude on your avatar?

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
Hostile;1732138 said:

I would have guessed Nick Folk. :grin:

I can't wait to see Stanback on the field, Hurd is good for a catch, but he has not impressed me like I thought he would.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;1732138 said:

I flip between Ball and Brown, they're gonna be stars in this league, marks my words.

sago1

Reaction score
Dont give up on Hurd so soon. This is only his 2nd season and we've only played 7 games. Don't think Crayton showed much this soon in his 2nd year either. Not saying Hurd will ever be a #2 WR but #3 is good possibility. WE need see as much from Hurd as possible to determine whether he can successfully replace Crayton. Keeping Crayton might be a good idea but we gotta be sure we spend cap money wisely. If Hurd shows he can perform at same level as Crayton by end of season, the cap money saved could be used to sign a good FA WR who could be a quality #2 replacing Glenn (If need be) or RB.

DBoys

Reaction score
We really need a speed guy opposite TO.

Crayton is not going to cut it against good defenses.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Hostile;1733640 said:
John Wayne when he played DT for USC.

Weird, I always thought that was you in your glory days:laugh2: