Starting to get healthy

Galian Beast

Reaction score
A lot of posters showed themselves to be chicken littles with all of the minor injuries we faced. Yet here we are going into week 2, relatively strong health wise.

Outside of Ratliff who is on PUP, nearly every player we have is practicing now (Ernie Sims reinjured his groin).

That is pretty fortunate, much more so than a lot of teams around the league.

One of the biggest question marks we had was health, and so far so good. Obviously we will face injuries at some point, but if we can keep them at bay, I think we'll see a lot of success this year.

brymatt94

Reaction score
It really is a huge difference from last year, I just pray to God it lasts. (knock on wood)

iceman117

Reaction score
A lot of posters showed themselves to be chicken littles with all of the minor injuries we faced. Yet here we are going into week 2, relatively strong health wise.

Outside of Ratliff who is on PUP, nearly every player we have is practicing now (Ernie Sims reinjured his groin).

That is pretty fortunate, much more so than a lot of teams around the league.

One of the biggest question marks we had was health, and so far so good. Obviously we will face injuries at some point, but if we can keep them at bay, I think we'll see a lot of success this year.

The part the sucks is when out Injuries hit it usually says "out for season" at the end of it, if we can avoid that we will be fine

OhSnap

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Spencer at end and seeing if Dunbar can be a factor. Those 2 could bring something to the table that the Chiefs can't prepare for.

Moe_1969

Reaction score
The injury that could linger for much of the season, and one we should be most concerned with is the shoulder of Mo Claiborne. If that shoulder pops out again, and becomes a probelm, he could face season ending surgery and we are really thin at CB. I can't believe they let Sterling Moore walk, only kept 4 corners, and kept those safeties that contribute little. No reason to have McCray and Heath - same player that will only contribute on Special Teams.

fatboygixxer

Reaction score
The injury that could linger for much of the season, and one we should be most concerned with is the shoulder of Mo Claiborne. If that shoulder pops out again, and becomes a probelm, he could face season ending surgery and we are really thin at CB. I can't believe they let Sterling Moore walk, only kept 4 corners, and kept those safeties that contribute little. No reason to have McCray and Heath - same player that will only contribute on Special Teams.

I agree with you regarding the Claiborne injury. The guy hasn't exactly made his mark as a willing tackler, and now he's hurt. I think Heath has a place on this roster but not McCray..

Eskimo

Reaction score

ST play was fine without McCray last week. Better than usual even.

I really think they need to bring in another CB. The play may be to bring up Pellerin if needed from the PS but I'd rather add Moore now and then have Pellerin as the #6 CB who can be called up in case of emergency.

We just face too many spread offenses these days to go into the season with 4 CBs when all of them are needed active every week.

Eskimo

Reaction score
ST play was fine without McCray last week. Better than usual even.

I really think they need to bring in another CB. The play may be to bring up Pellerin if needed from the PS but I'd rather add Moore now and then have Pellerin as the #6 CB who can be called up in case of emergency.

We just face too many spread offenses these days to go into the season with 4 CBs when all of them are needed active every week.

Maybe with Spencer back they can release Long and bring back Moore.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Cowboys will have injuries. All teams do. I just hope they don't occur along the lines or CB. That would hurt.