Stats that show how good Newman was...

kmd24

Reaction score
On the Skins' first series, Newman gave up an in route to Moss for 13 yards on 3rd and 5.

The rest of the game, Newman allowed only 3 completions for 6 yards to Moss, and, of course, had the interception.

There was one other completion to Moss for 10 yards, but Jenkins had the coverage.

On top of that, Moss was targeted only 9 times in the game (I'm not including two throw aways - Randle El's pass and the Campbell pass into a void on his left, the one that looked like it should have been intentional grounding).

Reaction score
kmd24;2425150 said:
On the Skins' first series, Newman gave up an in route to Moss for 13 yards on 3rd and 5.

The rest of the game, Newman allowed only 3 completions for 6 yards to Moss, and, of course, had the interception.

There was one other completion to Moss for 10 yards, but Jenkins had the coverage.

On top of that, Moss was targeted only 9 times in the game (I'm not including two throw aways - Randle El's pass and the Campbell pass into a void on his left, the one that looked like it should have been intentional grounding).

Newman is the MAN!

superpunk

Reaction score
Midway through the game I began to wonder what Jason Campbell and Antwaan Randle El would have to do in order for the officials to actually call them for intentional grounding.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
superpunk;2425168 said:
Midway through the game I began to wonder what Jason Campbell and Antwaan Randle El would have to do in order for the officials to actually call them for intentional grounding.

Isn't that the truth. I kept thinking back to that playoff game last year when Tony wasn't even pressured and his throw out of bounds drew laundry. Why was that one a penalty but several ones last night weren't?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
A healthy T-New is one of the best cover corners in all of the NFL. He showed it last night.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
superpunk;2425168 said:

There were three blatant groundings not called last night... two on Campbell, one on ARE...

I didn't understand it either...