Staubach Vintage Video (download and watch here)

sago1

Reaction score
Love that video. Sure brings back some memories. That's when America fell in love with the Cowboys.

In the 90s America fell in love with the triplets and star QB Troy Aikman, another clean cut all American guy, and their winning ways. Of course the down side was the off field activities which really hurt the Cowboys reputation. Jerry understood the damage caused to America's team & worked hard to avoid bringing in players who could further damage our reputation.

Now he's got a new franchise QB who America is beginning to fall in love with. A few more Sunday night games with Madden & the all country will be committed Cowboy fans. We've also got some quality players around Romo like Witten, Barber, Ware & of course a good OL. Even TO is trying to clean up his persona so he fits in & is seen as a viable contributing member.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Now he's got a new franchise QB who America is beginning to fall in love with. A few more Sunday night games with Madden & the all country will be committed Cowboy fans.

Ya, as I was watching that video, I had flashbacks of how much people admired Staubach. Even when he was in the media spotlight, no one could tarnish his image.

Trouble is, today the media will make you out to be a God if you are the right man to fill the shoes. Then, when the honeymoon is over, they will do anything to falsify your image just to get ratings.

Romo seems too savy to give the media anything to work with. That's one of the things I like about him so much. Not only is he an unbelievable QB, but he has the personality of a Hall of Famer.

It's a good time to be a Cowboys fan!!!!:)

DC_Addict

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, great vid! :starspin I still remember watching those old games as a kid.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I've been a Staubach homer, just about since I can remember. Having said that, man was Phyllis George drop dead beautiful.

:D