stefan lefors...

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
the guy just makes plays and operates from from a pro set. there are legit concerns about his size at 6'0" 200. but the has heart to spare. doesn't have great velocity but his throws are tight spirals that find their mark. he is a good athlete - nifty runner with good instincts and field vision. sells the play action, makes good decisions on the run, and will even sell out to block on the end-around.
is cool under pressure, tooo. i really like the guy.
michael bush will be good pro RB. he is huge and athletic at 250 lbs. i think he is a sophomore. watch out for this guy. he is dynamic.
the liberty bowl was a great game.
anyway. lefors will be a mid to late pick. the team that takes a flier on him may well have mined a gem.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
agree on all accounts. Lefors is a steal beyond pick# 42 imo...

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind LeFors. But not until the 2nd round.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Fletch said:
I wouldn't mind LeFors. But not until the 2nd round.

i really did not see what so good about lefors. his passing was not all that great. he scambled well. i think he would be a waste of a draft pick. i think that kyle orten would be a better qb prospect to draft in the middle rounds. just my opinion.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
lwehlers said:
i really did not see what so good about lefors. his passing was not all that great. he scambled well. i think he would be a waste of a draft pick. i think that kyle orten would be a better qb prospect to draft in the middle rounds. just my opinion.
I saw orton live today. He is a waste. He is tenative and has a weak arm from what I saw...

lwehlers

Reaction score
Tio said:
I saw orton live today. He is a waste. He is tenative and has a weak arm from what I saw...

hey i guess we can agree to disagree. i just did not see anything special about the lefor. about orton i think with the right system he could be a good backup qb. i do not think that orton would be able to step right in and start in nfl in his first season. now the guy i want to see next is greene of georgia. i think he might be a good third round pick or maybe a good fourth.

i have a feeling we will not draft a qb at all in this draft. we already drafted our qb in henson when we gave up our third to houston.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
the guy just makes plays and operates from from a pro set. there are legit concerns about his size at 6'0" 200. but the has heart to spare. doesn't have great velocity but his throws are tight spirals that find their mark. he is a good athlete - nifty runner with good instincts and field vision. sells the play action, makes good decisions on the run, and will even sell out to block on the end-around.
is cool under pressure, tooo. i really like the guy.
michael bush will be good pro RB. he is huge and athletic at 250 lbs. i think he is a sophomore. watch out for this guy. he is dynamic.
the liberty bowl was a great game.
anyway. lefors will be a mid to late pick. the team that takes a flier on him may well have mined a gem.

LOL..6'0" tall? That is all I needed to read. Can you say undrafted rookie free agent material?

Next thread.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
isn't he a lefty? I don't like left handed QBs. This is coming from a fellow southpaw.

Bobo

Reaction score
If he's still there in the 4th round or later, I'd take a serious look at him. I wouldn't pass on Micheal Vick just because he's also 6' and a lefty, no matter if the height is not ideal.

I've seen him play quite a few times, and I've been pretty impressed. He leads the NCAA in passer rating and completion % (74%). I think they said that was the best completion % ever, beating out Culpepper. 20 td's, 3 int's.

He's the anti-VT too. Not only can he just move in the pocket, he's a real threat when he runs. I've read he does a 4.57 40, which if even close to true is excellent for a qb, and faster than many rb's.

Another guy I like is Jason Campbell, and I'd probably take him before LeFors. But it sure would be nice to get a proven FA for 05....we'll see.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
isn't he a lefty? I don't like left handed QBs. This is coming from a fellow southpaw.
Really? Man I always have liked southpaw QBs because it creates an adjustment for the defense to have to make. Usually a team's best pass rusher is at RDE. For a lefty that means he sees the rush as opposed to a blind spot.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
LOL..6'0" tall? That is all I needed to read. Can you say undrafted rookie free agent material?

Next thread.
LOL at yourself. so his height is 2 inches below the typical "inside the box" thinking about NFL QB minimum dimensions? so just write him off. did you even WATCH the game? lefors looks like a very athletic, intelligent, and talented player. his character is well documented - a real "feel good story". this season, he had the second highest QB rating in the HISTORY OF THE NCAA. he makes plays all over the field. i think he'll make 'em in the NFL, too.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Man, I tell you what, Lefors is a nice quarerback, but the guy sitting behind him, which I think his name is Matt Bolm or something like that is going to be a very good quarterback. I watched this guy come in as a true freshman when they played Miami, and this guy was really impressive. They said he came from a long line of quarterbacks....

- Mike G.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Man, I tell you what, Lefors is a nice quarerback, but the guy sitting behind him, which I think his name is Matt Bolm or something like that is going to be a very good quarterback. I watched this guy come in as a true freshman when they played Miami, and this guy was really impressive. They said he came from a long line of quarterbacks....

- Mike G.
brohm's brother is the teams QB coach or offensive co-ord or some thing like that. brohm's dad is a former louisville QB. but the guy i'd watch for is soph QB michael bush. he has daunte culpepper size and is so athletic they can play him at QB, RB, TE, WR and have even toyed with the idea of lining him up at DE. he made an amazing play yesterday from the tailback position. it was supposed to be a HB Pass but he pulled it down and put on an impressive display of broken-field running. brohm looks good but bush will be the bomb.

zagnut

Reaction score
Bush looked incredibly fat. He needs to limit his time in the college dining hall. Shelton is a much better player and prospect, and has another year at Louisville.

Brohm looks like a future #1 overall.

I like LeFors as a backup. I think he's a pretty good pick in the 6th or 7th as long as we're not expecting too much. I like Romo better though.