News: Steph Curry of kickers': Why Cowboys' Brandon Aubrey embraces Tom Brady's comparison

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Updated Sep. 25, 2024 12:38 p.m. ET

facebookxredditlink

Ralph Vacchiano

Ralph Vacchiano

NFL Reporter

It looked like just another kick to Brandon Aubrey. His routine didn't change. Neither did the look on his face. His pulse wasn't racing any more than usual. And it was pretty much right down the middle, just like most of his kicks are.

No big deal, really, except that it was a 65-yard field goal — one yard short of the longest ever kicked in the NFL.

"He's like the Steph Curry of kickers," FOX analyst Tom Brady said after watching the late first-half kick during the broadcast of the Cowboys' 28-25 loss to the Baltimore Ravens last Sunday. "There's no range that's too far."

In an exclusive interview with FOX Sports, Aubrey admitted it was a "pretty cool" comparison.

He also didn't shy away from the larger point that Brady was trying to make.

"That was a really neat moment and a comparison that I never would have thought of," Aubrey said. "But I think makes sense."

Read the rest: https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/cowboys-brandon-aubrey-steph-curry-comparison-tom-brady

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I haven't watched the Baltimore game yet. I decided after the New Orleans game to not watch any games live this year because I just can't take the losing anymore. I did miss the early part of the New Orleans game and have not gone back to watch that either; I'm just tired of it and it brings me down too much. (Mostly staying off here after losses for the same reason.) Aubrey is about the only part of the team I'm excited about this year. I hope he gets a shot at the record at some point.