Stephen Jones: Cowboys will evaluate former top draft targets

RS12

Reaction score
Stephen Jones gave a few hints on where the Dallas Cowboys may turn to this offseason.

The Cowboys COO went on 105.3 The Fan on Monday afternoon and discussed several talking points including who the Cowboys may target in the months ahead to help better the team. Just a few years ago, the Cowboys took a chance on former first-round pickBrandon Weeden who was once a high-rated prospect on their draft board. Should we expect that same type of move this offseason?

“You can’t just say because one situation didn’t work out, it doesn’t mean another one won’t," Jones said. "Mark Colombo was a first-round pick with the Bears and he went on and had a great career here for the Cowboys. Every situation's different. We’ll continue to evaluate people that we had on our draft board, high, and had reason to believe that they could be good player that the situation may have been that it just wasn’t the right situation for that particular player. We’ll continue to go down the road of looking at players that we had high on our draft board that didn’t work out for other teams.”

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Stephen-Jones-Cowboys-will-evaluate-former-top-draft-targets-42549866

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

We could use a couple of huddled masses at DT.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, he didn't work out there but what if we bring him here to this football utopia?

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Because Parcells was able to coach Colombo back into form, these guys think they can dumpster dive for talent.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Because Parcells was able to coach Colombo back into form, these guys think they can dumpster dive for talent.

Colombo was an injury washout in Chicago. Not a thing like Manziel or Griffin.