Stephen Jones Finally Speaks

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

“This team is made up of a lot of the same players that won 12 games the last three seasons. Right now we’re just going through adversity. We’ve had more than our share of injuries it feels like this year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. … I think we have really good football players. At times we’ve had spurts when we’ve played well and obviously at times we’re not playing well.”

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“This team is made up of a lot of the same players that won 12 games the last three seasons (6-2 Commanders have some of them too). Right now we’re just going through adversity (unlike other NFL teams that never go through it). We’ve had more than our share of injuries (who knew losing the backup-backup-tight-end and a barely stat generating wide receiver hurt the offense that bad) it feels like this year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. … I think we have really good football players (and the 3-4 record proves it). At times we’ve had spurts when we’ve played well (after the game has been lost) and obviously at times we’re not playing well (most of the game).”
Fixed the quote ...

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

“This team is made up of a lot of the same players that won 12 games the last three seasons. Right now we’re just going through adversity. We’ve had more than our share of injuries it feels like this year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. … I think we have really good football players. At times we’ve had spurts when we’ve played well and obviously at times we’re not playing well.”

This notion is exactly way this team as currently constructed sucks even without injuries, just delusional and stupid!

Problem is you can not fix stupid!

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Steve-O...if by being on the team, do you mean 2nd and 3rd string players that didn't get much field time last year, because the players that they replaced were better? Ya? Thought so. Shut up.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Lose Tyron Smith, Tyler Biadasz, Tony Pollard, Dorance Armstrong, Dante Fowler, Johnathan Hankins, Leighton Vander Esch, Stephon Gilmore, and Jayron Kearse.

Replace none of them effectively, then act surprised when team does not do more with less.

Brilliant.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He won’t admit it because he’s the problem. He’s spent his whole life preparing for the position he’s in and he sucks at it.
I doubt he spent 5 minutes preparing for his position, it was given to him by his daddy. No experience was required. It's as bad as Jerry trying to give Garrett OJT.

Cydios

Reaction score

so you lose 7 startes and a superbowl calibur defensive coach. What did you replace them with.. Zeke? how about a coach that's been fired for having historically bad defenses and then you hire him as a defensive coach.. Zimmer