Twitter: Stephen Jones: Haven't ruled out using franchise tag

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Schultz seems like the only real option here. Am I grossly underestimating what Gregory may get on the open market, or for the $20MM he would cost under the cap he may realistically sign for that money over 2 years?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Because that has worked so well in the past lol

jonathan-banks-agreed.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Allow me to rule it out for you Little Enos. Thanks to your mishandling of contracts, you’re $20 million over ALREADY. You don’t have a prayer of tagging anyone other than a stupid move like the punter.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The idiot train never stops rolling in big D!
Stephen didn't say they would use the franchise tag on either of these players. He didn't specify any player, just said the tag is an option that is part of strategy discussions

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
wow strategy discussions going on with this clown running the show not much to talk about

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I like both players, but neither one is worth what the tag would pay.

Schultz market value figures to be 2-3 million above the franchise tag per season so I would assume Schultz would be in consideration for a tag when looking at his projected market value. There are a lot of TEs that will be free agents though so that's what the Cowboys must weigh in their decision on Schultz.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Schultz market value figures to be 2-3 million above the franchise tag per season so I would assume Schultz would be in consideration for a tag when looking at his projected market value. There are a lot of TEs that will be free agents though so that's what the Cowboys must weigh in their decision on Schultz.
I like Dalton, just wish he was a better blocker.