Twitter: Stephen Jones on Michael Gallup status

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Gallup is not needed right now. The offense is moving along smoothly without him. Rest and get fully healed.
It's Dak we're worried about.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You blew it on this post.
I actually DID laugh out loud. I found it funny.

I DO get the impression though that they are taking their time with activating guys like Gallup to keep guys like Turner.

They are doing a nice job with roster manipulation right now and I've said so, bit if it costs them games it may come back to bite them.

It would stink to have to cut a Mukamu or Fehoko, but let's get our best guys our there when they are ready to play instead of raising the NFCE flag in week 8.

Of course I don't KNOW exactly how healthy certain guys are, but isn't after a bye when you'd expect people to return? Gallup was called 4-6 weeks IIRC.

Things are going well and I trust the staff more than I have in a long while, but I hope they aren't getting too cute.

I'm setting my sights higher than just making the playoffs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

With how good this team has been playing they really need to focus on being as healthy as possible for the playoffs. No sense bringing anyone back too early. Ease them in and get them up to speed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Gallup is not needed right now. The offense is moving along smoothly without him. Rest and get fully healed.
It's Dak we're worried about.

I bet once Gallup comes back we see Cooper take a game or two off at some point.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry knows something that he's not telling the rest of us. They aren't preparing Gallup to play in Minnesota because they are preparing him to be traded.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Translation: "We don't feel the need to rush Gallup back if he isn't 100%. Especially with Dak on the sidelines."

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jerry is just loving the suspense....the drama. It's like pouring gasoline onto a fire.

Yep, Cooper Rush has been trending on Twitter this morning. A good way to keep the Cowboys' talk going strong.