Recap: Stephen Jones Show 105.3 FM

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If prefer audio, link: Stephen Jones on 105.3 The Fan | 11/15/21 (dallascowboys.com)
  • Hats off to coaches, players, and the leadership! Responded well! All 3 phases played. When we're on top of our game, we play good football.
  • Yes, always concerned after a game like Denver. But I also have a ton of confidence in the team we've put together here, whether it by Coach McCarthy or the players. Look around the league, every team has lost 2 games. If you don't come out ready to play each week, it will be handed to you.
  • Great veteran leadership. Dak. Zack Martin. LVE. They all came to play.
  • No we didn't like to see Dak play fullback (joke), but that's Dak.... we have to protect Dak from Dak because he's the ultimate competitor. He will always play to win and score.
  • We have good personnel on special teams. Armstrong is our main pass rusher now but still doing his thing on ST. What a team player he is. Our staff does a good job each week looking for ways to make a big play on ST.
  • We're lucky to have Armstrong on our team. High character guy. Year in and year out he has been a ST ace. He has things he is dealing with personally after losing a family member and we're all rooting for him.
  • Penalties, some are legitimate. Obviously offensive holding. I'm sure people realize how much Connor Williams has had and like Coach Philbin said, you have to clear that element out of your game if you want to win the playoffs. I'm know Coach Mike will stress it with the team and his offensive line staff. Connor is a conscientious player and I know it's not up to his standards. He does a lot of great things for our team but as it is with a lot of our players, there are places to improve.
  • No, I don't know where Quinn is taking his game ball. He is so fired up and has so much energy for the players. More important for him than beating the Falcons was cleaning up a real subpar performance. Other guys that have played for us have played well, such as Xavier Woods. It's natural to go against your former team and most competitive people play at a higher level.
  • Chiefs have looked like the Chiefs of old after what I saw last night. Happens right as we get ready to play them, so I don't think anyone will need motivation to bring their A Game to KC.
  • Sole focus this week is Chiefs even with fast turnaround for Raiders. Mike working on the future schedule. His staff totally focused this week on going into a hostile environment.
  • Yes, Dak is the leader of the offense. On defense, they do it as a group. Certain young players like Micah and Chauncey step up and will ultimately be leaders on this team. We have players with great football character and hold each other accountable on their preparation. LVE has been in the building for a while. Jayron Kearse as a veteran having a great year and being a leader. Dak's leadership spills over to the ENTIRE team. Zack Martin and Tyron Smith on that offensive line. They all have one goal though to win a championship as a group.
  • Tyron Smith has a real shot to play in KC. Couple of guys we're looking at. You never come out unscathed. At this point, we don't think we lost anyone from the Atlanta game, and I do think we'll be adding Tyron to the list of people who can play.
  • Good news is we haven't had any catastrophic injuries this year. Jabril Cox is a tough one. Rico Dowdle was our 3rd RB and playing great football before his injury. They don't help but personnel led by Will does a great job finding guys to step up and take advantage of it. I look at our IR and our guys will all be back in 3-4 weeks for the stretch run. 3 big time defensive linemen coming back.
  • No, I was not a wrestling fan, but my brother-in-law is a huge fan. Undertaker was his favorite. I have never been to a match but it will change in Wrestlemania in April. I'll go and take a look.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Of course, getting consistent pressure on their QB will be of prime importance. Our offense should test their defense and vice-versa. Let's see how well we can improve our defensive capabilities for a very big game to come. We'll be tested but so will they. It should be a better matchup than what their extremely proud fans might possibly expect. ;)

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Really hope this is true....Dallas needs to get TSMITH Healthy and back on the field.
  • Tyron Smith has a real shot to play in KC. Couple of guys we're looking at. You never come out unscathed. At this point, we don't think we lost anyone from the Atlanta game, and I do think we'll be adding Tyron to the list of people who can play.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If prefer audio, link: Stephen Jones on 105.3 The Fan | 11/15/21 (dallascowboys.com)
  • Hats off to coaches, players, and the leadership! Responded well! All 3 phases played. When we're on top of our game, we play good football.
  • Yes, always concerned after a game like Denver. But I also have a ton of confidence in the team we've put together here, whether it by Coach McCarthy or the players. Look around the league, every team has lost 2 games. If you don't come out ready to play each week, it will be handed to you.
  • No we didn't like to see Dak play fullback (joke), but that's Dak.... we have to protect Dak from Dak because he's the ultimate competitor. He will always play to win and score.
  • We have good personnel on special teams. Armstrong is our main pass rusher now but still doing his thing on ST. What a team player he is. Our staff does a good job each week looking for ways to make a big play on ST.
  • We're lucky to have Armstrong on our team. High character guy. Year in and year out he has been a ST ace. He has things he is dealing with personally after losing a family member and we're all rooting for him.
  • Penalties, some are legitimate. Obviously offensive holding. I'm sure people realize how much Connor Williams has had and like Coach Philbin said, you have to clear that element out of your game if you want to win the playoffs. I'm know Coach Mike will stress it with the team and his offensive line staff. Connor is a conscientious player and I know it's not up to his standards. He does a lot of great things for our team but as it is with a lot of our players, there are places to improve.
  • No, I don't know where Quinn is taking his game ball. He is so fired up and has so much energy for the players. More important for him than beating the Falcons was cleaning up a real subpar performance. Other guys that have played for us have played well, such as Xavier Woods. It's natural to go against your former team and most competitive people play at a higher level.
  • Chiefs have looked like the Chiefs of old after what I saw last night. Happens right as we get ready to play them, so I don't think anyone will need motivation to bring their A Game to KC.
  • Sole focus this week is Chiefs even with fast turnaround for Raiders. Mike working on the future schedule. His staff totally focused this week on going into a hostile environment.
  • Yes, Dak is the leader of the offense. On defense, they do it as a group. Certain young players like Micah and Chauncey step up and will ultimately be leaders on this team. We have players with great football character and hold each other accountable on their preparation. LVE has been in the building for a while. Jayron Kearse as a veteran having a great year and being a leader. Dak's leadership spills over to the ENTIRE team. Zack Martin and Tyron Smith on that offensive line. They all have one goal though to win a championship as a group.
  • Good news is we haven't had any catastrophic injuries this year. Jabril Cox is a tough one. Rico Dowdle was our 3rd RB and playing great football before his injury. They don't help but personnel led by Will does a great job finding guys to step up and take advantage of it. I look at our IR and our guys will all be back in 3-4 weeks for the stretch run. 3 big time defensive linemen coming back.
  • No, I was not a wrestling fan, but my brother-in-law is a huge fan. Undertaker was his favorite. I have never been to a match but it will change in Wrestlemania in April. I'll go and take a look.
:clap:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Glad you all enjoyed it. That's our future GM, get to know him now. LOL Did another one for Hanging With Boys Monday podcast. Nate Newton, Jesse Holley. Will try and get Aikman live tomorrow for his weekly show. Jerry usually shows up on the Ticket or Fan on Mon, Tues too.

817Gill

Reaction score
Glad you all enjoyed it. That's our future GM, get to know him now. LOL Did another one for Hanging With Boys Monday podcast. Nate Newton, Jesse Holley. Will try and get Aikman live tomorrow for his weekly show. Jerry usually shows up on the Ticket or Fan on Mon, Tues too.
Stephen gets a lot of crap around here and I guess being born into a front office position warrants it, but I’ve always thought his interviews are measured and bland in the way you’d want your FO guys to be.

Not controversial or hyperbolic like Jerry, kinda an opposite personality.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not going to sleep until I find out what Quinn did with his game ball.

Yeah, it was a dumb question. Can't nail them all. The FAN guys aren't always as smooth as The TICKET. For a very awkward moment, listen to their Amari Cooper interview. I left it out of the transcript.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Stephen gets a lot of crap around here and I guess being born into a front office position warrants it, but I’ve always thought his interviews are measured and bland in the way you’d want your FO guys to be.

Not controversial or hyperbolic like Jerry, kinda an opposite personality.

Yes, great compliment to Jerry's style. AND he knows how to talk the Coaches up and not accidentally undermine them which Jerry does all the time. He doesn't even mean it, he just can't help himself.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Appreciate the recap man. That was a lot of work. I like it much better because usually, I won’t sit and listen to something like this, although sometimes I do.

Anyway, it was a good read. Thank you.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Thank you!