Twitter: Stephen Jones thoughts on Mike McCarthy so far

Creeper

Reaction score
Behind Stephen Jones' words is the message that he and his dad are novices at running a football team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get a kick out of how everything has to be 'couched' to let Garrett off easy. 'Not that past coaches weren't ...'

:lmao:

It's OK to tell the truth sometimes. Refreshing in fact because it happens so infrequently.

The results will tell the truth.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From a football sense you could stop 9 out of 10 people on the street in Frisco and get more insight.

No you won't. But go ahead and go there and ask them, let us know what you find out. Oh, and posts videos of the interviews.

slick325

Reaction score

I read this as an indictment on Marinelli. I don't believe for one second that Garrett had the authority to can the old man. That power rested with the Jones boys IMO.

Marinelli was telling them to give me a certain player vs. give me the best players and I will be multiple and scheme around what they do well and utilize that to help the team win football games.

Glad that the rigidity on both sides of the ball is finally gone (although the Cowboys offense hasn't been their true problem from a numbers perspective).

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What a way to start a discussion about the new coach by observing, "... He is very transparent". Doesn't matter what SJ says next, he just tossed JG under the bus and then reversed over him a few times for good measure.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Behind Stephen Jones' words is the message that he and his dad are novices at running a football team.

You need to choose a different word. Novice doesn't apply to someone with 30+ years experience. You want to argue they are not good at running a football team, have at it. Being bad at something doesn't make you a novice. Being new to it does. Jerry and Stephen are no longer new to running a football team.

75boyz

Reaction score
I get a kick out of how everything has to be 'couched' to let Garrett off easy. 'Not that past coaches weren't ...'

:lmao:

It's OK to tell the truth sometimes. Refreshing in fact because it happens so infrequently.

The results will tell the truth.

I am a bottomline wait and see the outcome type guy who is not ready to embrace the new HC as Lombardi, Landry or Belicheck just yet.

Your last sentence sums everything up quite accurately. Mic drop worthy.

Go Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am a bottomline wait and see the outcome type guy who is not ready to embrace the new HC as Lombardi, Landry or Belicheck just yet.

Your last sentence sums everything up quite accurately. Mic drop worthy.

Go Cowboys

Fair enough, just keep in mind that the "new HC", has a Lombardi.

75boyz

Reaction score
Fair enough, just keep in mind that the "new HC", has a Lombardi.

True,
But so did Switzer with Jimmy's team and
Gruden with Dungys team who both accomplished that task with several more vital components already in place than what is here imo.
The perfect storm of that year's GB defense to once and for all hold up their end is central to that final outcome.
This new HCs history of poor defensive playoff play keeps me skeptical.
I am not sure this same perfect storm he enjoyed at GB has all the necessary ingredients for the stars to properly align for this Dallas team.
Just my opinion though.

Go Cowboys