Stephen Jones' Voice Resonates With His Father

erod

Reaction score
I'm hoping Stephen and Jason carry this franchise for a long, long time. With Will McClay riding herd over talent and evaluation.

And my respect for Jerry has grown ten-fold. I know he's not calling the shots anymore, but there are still certain things that nobody can do as well as him. La'el Collins is here because of Jerry, period. The coaching staff remained in tact (except for Callahan) because of Jerry. The allure of the team remains strong because of Jerry.

I just don't want him picking my football players. Other than that, I'm good with Jerry again.

silver

Reaction score
When you meet results, in this case: win, your defects become attributes. The same applies vice versa when results are not met: your attributes become your defects. In the case of Jerry Jones when the team wins his salesmen attributes are glorified. When the team loses his salesman skills are compared to that of a used car salesman. In the end only the results matter.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
Stephen knows he's going to take over this team and is acting like JJ shouldve been years ago: Listening to his scouts and coaches, not over paying for ridiculous players etc.

And JJ has slowly acquiesced to his son. This is why the Cowboys have been building properly

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nowadays, it appears the decision-making committee at Valley Ranch is alive and well.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I'm hoping Stephen and Jason carry this franchise for a long, long time. With Will McClay riding herd over talent and evaluation.

And my respect for Jerry has grown ten-fold. I know he's not calling the shots anymore, but there are still certain things that nobody can do as well as him. La'el Collins is here because of Jerry, period. The coaching staff remained in tact (except for Callahan) because of Jerry. The allure of the team remains strong because of Jerry.

I just don't want him picking my football players. Other than that, I'm good with Jerry again.

JJ's greatest value now is closing the deal... Let the others run the football side. Do your business thing, and then as was demonstrated with Collins market the Cowboys brand to attract/retain/recruit players

dools

Reaction score
Jerry listens to Steven who listens to Will. Jerry is slowly handing over the reigns to Stephen who will give McClay the title he wants.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Or that you're rich enough to buy them a career.

He's got a degree in Chemical Engineering and he would have the money either way. I think he might have more on the ball then just a given position. JMO