Steve Smith vs Orlando Scandrick

Rwilliams38

Reaction score
This should be a good matchup on Sunday, especially since Eli looks for Smith on 3rd downs. Who do yall think wins this matchup?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Smith will have a slight advantage over Scandrick when Manning tries to hit him with short passes, but Scandrick should have the upper hand in defending any intermediate and/or deep passes. It's Smith gaining yards after the catch following short passes which I'm most worried about. Scandrick is a sound tackler, but he's must wrap up every time--something which a rookie must be self-disciplined enough to keep doing for four quarters.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I like Scandrick. I think he will do well.

I also think it is a good measuring stick for him because Smith is Eli's security blanket. If he can hold him in check it says a lot for him!

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Rwilliams38;2386725 said:
This should be a good matchup on Sunday, especially since Eli looks for Smith on 3rd downs. Who do yall think wins this matchup?

I can't wait to see that match-up. Eli loves Steve Smith on third down, But I think the young pup will handle his own.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This will be a great match up and one that will go back and forth through out the day but in the end I've got a feeling that Scandrick will make the biggest play and it will be one that helps Dallas secure a W.

ddh33

Reaction score
Both of those young kids have a lot of savvy for being so new to the league. Should be a good matchup.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Kinda shocked me to see this cause I just posted the same thing elsewhere. I do think Scandrick can man up on Smith well.