Steven Jones - Cowboy savior?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
The one prayer true Cowboy fans have is that Steven Jones can get his dad committed or somehow wrest control of the team from his father.

It might be a Luke-Skywalker kind of battle, but the battle in the movie turned out pretty good.

There are frequent hints that Stephen and Junior are far more mature and knowledgeable than their father and would put the franchise back on solid footing.

Exhibit one:
Stephen and/or Junior have expressed appreciation for Ed Werder's recent work in exposing TO.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139563

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2486072 said:
The one prayer true Cowboy fans have is that Steven Jones can get his dad committed or somehow wrest control of the team from his father.

It might be a Luke-Skywalker kind of battle, but the battle in the movie turned out pretty good.

There are frequent hints that Stephen and Junior are far more mature and knowledgeable than their father and would put the franchise back on solid footing.

Exhibit one:
Stephen and/or Junior have expressed appreciation for Ed Werder's recent work in exposing TO.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139563

It's not just you, I've read in numerous sources that Stephen would be GREAT for the Cowboys FO. It's his knowledge and demeanor that would help them tremendously.

If this is the case, I hope so.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if Stephen Jones would step into the GM role as well or if he would hand that over to someone else.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Ozzu;2486077 said:
Makes me wonder if Stephen Jones would step into the GM role as well or if he would hand that over to someone else.

Assuming he brings in the proper coach, I would think from there, that coach would want a player personnel of some sort to his liking, and they'll go on from there.

It was alot like with Bill Cowher in Pittsburgh. 1/2 way through his tenure there, the GM he got was one to his liking, and the Rooneys had no problem.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Stephen is absolutely YES. Jerry Jr needs to remain with marketing, however.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
If Jerry the business man knows what's best (and can swallow his ego) he moves his offices out of valley ranch and gives Stephen a promotion and the title.

Then the Cowboys COULD bring in a guy like Cowher. Otherwise no way Bill or another top coach would want a job in Dallas.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Ahhhh what the heck, good mornin all of you. Any hangover cure ideas?
*^&^&^%%%$ Christmas parties.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2486316 said:
Ahhhh what the heck, good mornin all of you. Any hangover cure ideas?
*^&^&^%%%$ Christmas parties.

yea...Little bit of the dog that bit ya.....:D