Stop calling out individual players on defense

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Newman - what is his deal?
Roy - what is his deal?
Spears - what is his deal?
James - what is his deal?

It's not the players people it's the defense as a whole.

We have plenty of talent to get the job done.

The scheme needs to go and probably the coach as well.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
There's plenty of blame to go around, but whenever we lose a game, people like to point fingers. At the rate we condemn, all the players should be cut and the entire coaching staff fired.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
austintodallas;1260336 said:

What do you think makes up a defense?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
austintodallas;1260336 said:
Newman - what is his deal?
Roy - what is his deal?
Spears - what is his deal?
James - what is his deal?

We have plenty of talent to get the job done.

The scheme needs to go and probably the coach as well.

yep...been saying it all year

we didnt have to be the Bears D of 1985, but this defense should be FAR better than this

It isnt because it cant be...this style of defense might have worked for Parcells in 1985 and 86, but there is a reason alot of teams went away from the 3-4 in the late 80's and early 90's...its because of these kind of results

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1260575 said:
newman was getting schooled all day

huh?

you people are blaming the CB's for no run defense and no pass rush?

David

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1260579 said:
huh?

you people are blaming the CB's for no run defense and no pass rush?

David
im not blaming him, im just saying he got schooled. plus newman has been playing great this year with no pass rush.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1260588 said:
im not blaming him, im just saying he got schooled. plus newman has been playing great this year with no pass rush.

I didnt see any examples of what your talking about from yesterdays game

we lost because we played horrible run defense and had no pass rush to speak of...then couple that with the meltdown on offense, and you get another beat down

David

Novacek84

Reaction score
I certainly agree about the coaching/scheme but at some point the players have to make SOME plays don't you think? Roy has been putrid this year and Henry not much better. At some point the secondary needs to cover someone. As for the pass rush, I haven't seen one in weeks so I don't remember what it looks like. Again, how did we ever contain the Colts way back what seems like years ago?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Novacek84;1260618 said:
I certainly agree about the coaching/scheme but at some point the players have to make SOME plays don't you think? Roy has been putrid this year and Henry not much better. At some point the secondary needs to cover someone. As for the pass rush, I haven't seen one in weeks so I don't remember what it looks like. Again, how did we ever contain the Colts way back what seems like years ago?

alot of other teams are doing what we did...Indy just isnt very good...they are an ok team, thats it

David

Novacek84

Reaction score
dbair1967;1260619 said:
alot of other teams are doing what we did...Indy just isnt very good...they are an ok team, thats it

David

They are OK because their defense is awful. There is nothing wrong with their offense and that's the point I was making.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Novacek84;1260629 said:
They are OK because their defense is awful. There is nothing wrong with their offense and that's the point I was making.

go look back at their games...we arnt the only team that has slowed them down...it isnt an exclusive club...Jacksonville and Tennessee have slowed their offense twice each...Buffalo did it the week before we did

David